All reviews local community kids club tortillas other travelers local kids surf lessons family style spanish lessons private bathroom central america other guests laid back lunch and dinner fishing village chicken bbq pacific coast amazing place
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

owners/staff could not have been more friendly and accommodating. I stayed here for 9 days then extended my stay for longer because I was loving this hidden gem. If you like relaxing in Hammocks this is the spot. I will be back for sure

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Beach is endless and has hardly anyone on it. Bungalows are ok, open air bathroom with composting "toilet", food was quite good and very reasonably priced. Manager Jeff was super nice and friendly. Very young clientele (except for us!)

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2017

First off a little about me. I'm 60 years olkd, I'm a diabetic Type1, and years ago I was a sponsored surfer. Hadn't been on a board in around 25 years. Just for reference.I was a bit concerned with my abiliries to handle all this.
I traveled here with 6 friends who wanted to learn to surf. We arrived at Rancho on Dec 10th I think. The minute I got out of the mini bus, I kinew I was home. Nate ( the owner) showed us around and explained how things worked. After getting into my cabana ( nice and clean with a bed for 2 that was perfecxt for a sore surfer), I got ready and went to check out the surf. I was pleased at what I saw. The waves were big enough ( shoulkder high) where I knew I wouldn't be overpowered and wouyld be great for my novice friends. I wasa really stoked. I went back to the common house to see about a rental board. All arrangements made, I headed to get wet. Paddle out wasn't to painful, here comes a nice left, padle and catch it. I'm surfing ( kind of) after 25 years. It was an amazing moment.

The acomadations were just right. My cabana had a concrete floor ( clean) nice 2 person bed with mosquito net a fan a light and a plug in for lkike phone charges( I guess). I turned my phone off in Managua. All I needed. I did not have my own bathroom or shower, but the compoist toilets and showers were not far away, and always clean.

The food was great, They have a menu that is daily from 7L30 to 7:30 everyday or you can sign up for dinner which was always amazingly good and plenty on the plate. They have a common fridge with cold beer and cokes in it with a usage board and a selection of red or white wine and some fine rums. The coconut run drink is worth it.

The staff here are top notch. Nate knows his surfboards, and all the cook and management staff go out of their way to make things great. The travelers I met here were great people. The Dutch boys, the Canadian, French, American, and my special new friend from Brazil via England. Not a sour note in the whole group. Our 7 member group from Mississippi fit right in, and formed lifetime friendships with many of these people. You will not find a better group of people to be around anywhere.

I found out some wonderful things about me and the world by spending a week at the magical place. I will definately be going back some day. Therefor the Rebirth of ED. I needed a trip bad. This trip was way more than I could of asked for. You can feel it too. Go spend some time at Rancho Esperanza. You will be glad you did. When you go be sure to get the massage and carry some Gulf Wax from your local grocery store down to Nate. surfwax is hard to come by in NICARAGUA. Enjoy your tRip. Live the Stoke!!!!!!! ( sorry about the typing, my hands don't really work very well anymore due to a nerve thing I have.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for some serious R&R this is where you go. A bit out of the way but... cities suck anyway. Amazing people, beaches and hammocks. Nothing but good things can be said. Missing my hammock as I type. Ohh and the food is amazing! Have a shake you won't regret it.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

The staff here at Rancho Esperanza are amazing and definitely going the extra mile to make your stay worth it. Unfortunately the owners are very unfriendly people who seem to not like travellers and not wanting to help them at all.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple