“Excellent; delivers on every promise”
other travellers have booked this property
Two Dunes - right on the beach
'Our' pink sand beach in front of the house Large deck with two day beds for lounging
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Two Dunes - right on the beach
'Our' pink sand beach in front of the house
Large deck with two day beds for lounging
Two Dunes from down the beach - photo courtesy 'The Beach Book' by Bret Sigillo
Coral pool directly in front of the house
Terrace with private outdoor shower
View from the terrace
Dine out on the deck ...
or head straight into the water
Cruise ship spotting in front of the house
Tranquil back deck overlooking the lake
Sunset from the back deck
The tropical side garden
The house from the ocean
Open concept interior
Fully equipped kitchen
... with a great view
Living room with immersive ocean views
Lots of windows
King size bed
Wake to a view of the water
Walk out onto the terrace
Soothing ocean at sunrise
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
reynardri...
Brno, Czech Republic
“Excellent; delivers on every promise”
Reviewed 20 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

If you are the sort who craves the nightlife and the company of other people, this is not the rental for you. If instead you desire a romantic, peace filled retreat from the world, you have found exactly the right house. The home is well appointed for cooking in, the beach is spectacular for swimming, and a bit of snorkling (although we didn't see a lot, the water was crystal clear), the long, soft white beaches are fantastic for long, quiet walks, with the occasional dip in. The house is not terribly close to much, but we saw that as a terrific benefit. In the three nights we spend there, we saw a handful of people walk past the beach, and only a few take a dip in what was an otherwise "private" ocean. Brilliant.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The peace and seclusion
Liked least: I have nothing negative to say about the property, or the experience renting it
jphop
Omaha, Nebraska
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

House:

We stayed at Two Dunes for 10 days in June and it was amazing. The house was spotless when we arrived, with fresh towels throughout. The kitchen had everything we needed and then some. The bed was very comfortable and had fresh linens. There's not much to do at night, so I would suggest bringing some entertainment. The movie library is extensive, but there were only a handful that we could agree on, so I would suggest bringing your own DVDs just to be sure. We mostly just went to bed after sundown so we could wake up earlier in the morning as the sun was rising. We also enjoyed feeding the lizards scrambled eggs in the morning as one previous reviewer stated. The one lizard will just stare at the window until you give him some, so make sure you have eggs. The outdoor shower is very refreshing and is quite powerful. All of my showers were outside and most of my wife's as well. Because the shower is blocked from the wind, we learned to get our showers in before the sun got too low as the shower becomes shaded at some point and the mosquitoes lurk in the shadows.

Directions:

Rachel provides very good instructions in her welcome packet, but unfortunately for us, our car was Japanese and used km instead of miles, so we had a little trouble finding the place at first. I knew we would get there eventually if we got to the eastern side of the island and started driving south, which worked out for us. To simplify for future readers first time visitors, head south on Queen's from the airport and keep going until you get to Governer's Harbour. The Caribbean ocean will be 10 feet to your right and you will be presented with a decision to stay right or curve left. Go left and you will pass Da Perk, a Shell gas station, Eleuthera Supply, and Burrows. Continue up this road for several minutes until you get to a pave 4 way intersection. You'll see 3J's Jerk Pit to your left, take a left here. You'll pass through a neighborhood, Sweet Dreams restaurant, then a huge tree an your left. Continue straight until you have to turn, this is Banks Road. Turn right and follow the road, which at some point turns into sand and slowly starts to close in on you. Keep going until you reach Two Dunes, which is on the left and easily identified by the large beached sailboat next to the house. Don't go any further because the road is very difficult after this point...even high clearance 4x4s would have trouble here.

Two Dunes Beach:

The beach here is really amazing! Right out front there is a natural rock formation in an oval shape, which creates a nice protected swimming area. This was particularly nice at low tide when the rocks break the waves and the water is calm in the pool. While we were there, a sandbar extended from the left side of the rock pool all the way up to shore. Just to the left (north) of this, there is a beautiful sandy entrance that stretches probably 500 feet until you reach another open ended rock pool. This one is more shallow and stays calm a bit longer when the tide starts to come back in. As one reviewer stated, there are waves here because it's the Atlantic side. When we wanted calm water, we either just waited for lower tide or just went to a beach on the Caribbean side.

Privacy:

Two Dunes is very private, but we did see at least one person every day we were there. Almost every instance was in the morning or later in the day when people usually take walks on the beach. During the middle of the day, we almost never saw anyone. We were the only ones within eye-shot for 99% of the the time. Let's just say that we both felt comfortable enough to be very comfortable (if you know what I mean) on the beach and especially up near the house (shower, deck, patio). We weren't overly concerned about adults seeing us "being comfortable", but very concerned about any children walking by. With that in mind, you have to be cognizant of who's walking up the beach. The good thing is that you can see people from far down the beach before you can see any details (other than height), which means they can't see your details either, which also means you have time to cover yourself or go inside or go in the water. With regards to the shower, it is quite private and you can see all the way down the beach to the North, so if anyone came around the corner, you could easily finish up and go inside before they would see you. If someone was coming from the South, you wouldn't see them until they passed by, but all we did was look down the beach in that direction before showering and that was fine. We actually timed how long it would take to walk the beach from the south, and at the very moment I could see my wife's silhouette, it took her 5 minutes at a fast pace to reach the house. I also must mention that the shower is exposed to the road in front of the house, but someone would have to pass by and look up there, which is very unlikely. That didn't stop us from enjoying the shower.

Other Beaches:

Ten Bay - This beach is pretty nice. It's very shallow and calm with lots of things to see (starfish, conch, sand dollars, etc.). The sand here is a little different...a bit more silty kind of like a sand/mud mixture or something, which my wife didn't care for, but it didn't bother me. There were some small jellyfish, but I don't think they were venomous as I'm pretty sure I ran into several of them and didn't feel a thing. We also say some small stingrays here, but they were harmless and kept their distance. This place would be great for kids....would probably make mine wear water shoes at this beach though just to be safe.

Rainbow Bay - This was our favorite "other" beach. The view is incredible as you pull up to the nicely paved parking lot. There are 5 or 6 picnic tables with huge thatch umbrellas stretched out across the sand. We brought our snorkeling gear and a picnic and spent several hours here. The water is so nice and clear and the beach was spotless. The snorkeling was also good along the rocks and right out front there is a small reef. We saw a lot of different types of fish including a medium sized barracuda, which freaked me out for a second until I realized that he was more afraid of me. There were also big schools of small needle fish, which was pretty cool. They let you get really close before swimming away.

Twin Sisters Beach - This is right across from the Queen's Bath. The water here is calm and crystal clear. We didn't actually swim here, but it looked awesome.

Non-Beach Attractions:

Queen's Bath - This is pretty awesome as well. It's just south of the Glass Window Bridge on the Atlantic side. There's a very obvious path with a brick wall at the entrance and there's an area across the street to park. We made it with flip flops and careful foot placement, but I would recommend shoes to those who may be less sure-footed. You'll want to go at low tide so you don't get swept out to sea. There was really only one hole that you could swim in....it was the deepest one and appeared to be the only one that didn't have baby sea urchins. We stayed out because it was a hot day, but I did thoroughly enjoy one of the holes inside the cave that was filled with clean ice cold water. The Queen's Bath, Glass Window Bridge, Twin Sister's Beach, and Rainbow Bay Beach made for a nice day trip up North.

Edwin's Turtle Lake - My wife wanted to do some standup paddle-boarding, but she didn't want to get eaten by a shark, so we went to Edwin's Turtle Lake. This was a lot of fun...she paddle-boarded around the edge of the lake and I used a kayak, but unfortunately, we didn't see any turtles. We asked the dude and he said that they are in the middle of the lake. We both decided to go out to the middle in the kayak, where we saw probably a dozen huge sea turtles. One of them swam within 5 feet of the boat before diving down. This was a lot of fun and I would highly recommend it. The staff here was more than friendly, actually probably the nicest folks we talked to the entire trip.

Restaurants:

We decided that we would maximize our beach time by eating at the house most of the time, but we did eat out a few times. We can eat at fancy restaurants at home, so we also decided that we would eat only Bahamian food from mom & pop type restaurants.

Sweet Dreams - The first place we ate was Sweet Dreams, take away. We ordered conch fritters, a sweet dreams burger, a grouper burger, and 2 Kaliks. The food was absolutely delicious and the prices were lower than we would pay at home. This meal was like $36, which was a great deal, especially considering the huge portion sizes. We couldn't even finish this meal. We went here one other day and ordered a conch burger and some wings, both were awesome.

3Js Jerk Pit & Conch Stand - We stopped at 3Js jerk pit/conch stand a few times throughout the week, but they were closed. As it turns out, they are mostly open only on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Luckily, we were able to stop on a Friday. We ordered conch salad and a couple grilled items that came with 2 sides and Bahamian rice. The conch salad was fantastic and the BBQ chicken was excellent. The staff here were all very friendly. I wish we could have eaten here again before we left.

Da Perk - We went to Da Perk one morning for breakfast and had some coffee/iced coffee and some pastries...all very good.

Waterfront Cafe - We stopped here an a very hot day for some ice cream. The place was not quite as nice as I envisioned and the older lady running the place didn't seem very thrilled that we were there. We both got an ice cream cone to go, which was very tasty and refreshing. There was a young local boy there who must have just gotten out of school. He was the most polite person we encountered on our trip. We were so impressed with him that we bought him a nice big cup of ice cream.

Grocery Stores:

Eleuthera Supply - We stopped her on the first day to grab some food for the night and breakfast. The store is pretty small, but they had what we needed. A small basket came up to $93. The staff was very friendly.

Rock Sound Market - We went here on the second day to stock up for the remaining 9 days of our trip. This store is much larger than the stores in Governors Harbour. The selection was much better, and other than fresh steaks, they had pretty much everything we wanted. The prices here were much more reasonable...with an overflowing cart costing $296. The checkout process was fast and modern and the staff was very friendly. This was well worth the 40 min drive. Thankfully we had a large foldable cooler bag, otherwise the milk and cold items would have been warm by the time we got back.

Burrows - We stopped here to grab a couple things at the end of our trip. This place is very cramped and dark. The customer service here is poor, at least is was that day. The lady sitting behind the counter was less than friendly. The prices appeared to be a bit lower than Eleuthera Supply across the street, but I will gladly pay the higher prices next time. I wouldn't recommend Burrows.

Island Farm - We stopped here a couple times to get some salsa and various sauces. The pineapple jam, banana pepper mustard, and fire roasted salsa were all exceptional....even brought some home to enjoy. Highly recommend this place to anyone!

People:

The locals were mostly friendly, I'd say 80% of them waved as we drove by. Only a few were not overly friendly, but none were outright rude in any way.

Bugs:

We read so many things about how terrible the bugs are that we came with an arsenal of products to use. Fortunately, we were on the Atlantic side and didn't have any issues with bugs at all. Well, my wife ended up with about 10 bites over the course of 10 days, but that's not bad considering she's a mosquito magnet and wore repellant only some of the time. We did play it safe by keeping our doors closed the entire time and we stayed inside at dusk and dawn, which I'm guessing had something to do with it. We noticed some bugs at some of the other places we went, but to be honest, nothing worse than what we experience in Minnesota in the summer. I had exactly zero bites and I only applied any kind of repellant while I sat outside at 3Js at dusk while they cooked our food. I applied "Mosquito Milk" to my exposed skin and sat in a swarm of mosquitoes for 30 minutes in a tank top, shorts, and flip flops and not one mosquito or fly even dared to land on me. Actually, one mosquito landed for about 1 second before flying away.

• Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sumerle D
“Beautiful Location”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

The property was beautiful and like others have said there were no other houses or people nearby. For most of our week long trip we didn't see anyone, only once did someone walk by the house along the beach. The view from the house is beautiful and panoramic, I love all of the windows. The house was nice and clean, had most of the staples we needed to cook, more than enough pots and pans. There were even toiletries which I didn't expect. The outdoor shower was great, it does face the "road" but only once did someone come down the road and they turned around. Note regarding road: don't try to go farther than the house, the little bit of road that is there ends and it's hard to turn around. We also had a power outage while there during an electrical storm, the lightening was intense but awesome. The lights went out, but the flashlight and candles were great and helped until the lights came back on like 20 min later.
There were a few reasons I didn't give it 5 stars but I would still recommend staying here. We were told that if we needed to use the "house cell phone" there may be minutes on it but we would need to add some. We didn't think we would need to use it, until our rental car died. We tried to use the house phone and there were no minutes left on it at all and obviously we had no car to get anywhere to add to them. We emailed the property manager Natasha but never heard back...ever. When we finally got cell service to connect on our cell phones we were able to call the car rental place and got a mechanic, but it took like 30 min for our phones to finally connect. One thing I didn't read on any other posts was how rough the water is on the Atlantic side, I really didn't expect it to be that bad. We basically waited for low tied every day (so about 2 hours later in the day) when there was a large tide pool in front of the house that we could swim in. Other than that we went to tens bay which was beautiful and calm. Maybe others didn't think it was too bad, but it was knocking us over anytime we tried to relax in the water.
After about 4 wonderful days at the property we did see a few roaches, I would say more like water bugs as they were the really big ones, not the ones you find at a dirty house. Although I understand it's an island and it was a bit rainy so I can't blame the property, but it was really unsettling and hard to sleep in the dark for the last 2 nights. We also opted to use the outdoor shower instead of the one inside because that seemed to be where they were coming from.

Liked best: the view
Liked least: the roaches
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
9 Aug 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that overall you enjoyed the property!
Sorry to hear you had car trouble though - what a frustrating time to discover that the cell phone was out of minutes. It's something we can't control as we're not always on the island and generally guests top up the phone if they have depleted the minutes, but it's a very good point and I will flag in the welcome package in future that guests should check the phone when they first arrive so they're not caught out in case of emergency. Our caretaker is generally easier to reach by phone than email, but clearly that's not helpful info for you when the phone is out of minutes.
We've since made a repair to the bathroom ceiling to prevent any bugs from making their way in. Unfortunately we had to wait until the house was empty to get the workers in.
We appreciate your feedback.
all the best - Rachel
Bremen, Georgia
Reviewed 10 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Liked best: The Privacy and Seclusion and the views
Liked least: Week went by too fast
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
9 Aug 2014
You are quite welcome! So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay (and thanks for feeding the lizards - we love those little guys). All the best, and hope to see you back.
Rachel and Will
cschim
Frankfort, KY
“Total Relaxation, Beauty and Privacy”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

We have traveled only to all inclusive resorts in the past, so this was our first all a carte experience. It was all that we dreamed it to be. Privacy, natural beauty, and total relaxation. This was our first trip to Eleuthera, but hopefully will not be the last. The house is an open studio paradise for 2. Ceiling to floor window at every angle. My husband and I celebrated our 26th anniversary here the week of May 24-31, 2014. The beach in front of the house is a great place to snorkel, and swim in the natural made pool at low tide. There is also another pool like beach just to the left of the house at low tide. We loved watching the ocean change from sunrise to sunset.
The home is well equipped with great amenities which we greatly appreciated. We cooked breakfast in every day. We also used the gas grill on the deck for a few meals. Sweet Dreams take out has great grouper and burgers. Pammy's and Governors Harbor bakery were two of our favorite places for take out. The view from the house made it hard to leave to go explore other beaches. We did visit Ten bay Beach and French Leave Beach, but we were always anxious to get back to our paradise at Two Dunes.
Groceries at Burrows, but liquor was cheapest at Sands liquor in Governors Harbor.
Thanks also to Tanya Knowles for the car rental. Natasha also catered lobster and grouper to us one night for our anniversary. Yummy!!
Thanks Rachel for the use of your wonderful home, we hope to return in the near future.

19 Jun 2014
Thank you for the lovely review. We are so pleased you chose to spend your anniversary here at Two Dunes! It looks like you had beautiful weather - so glad you enjoyed. We hope to see you back again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing