See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

This isn't a revenge but just a list of facts. The first evening we had no warm water. You overcome that. But not that easy with 3 young kids. The breakfast was that bad that we decided to leave the hotel and go somewhere else although it was already prepaid for both days. The swimming pool wasn't accessible. There was a layer of 2cm of green/disgusting product on top. The smell was terrific. It had to be fixed the next day. We never saw it operational and even if it had I would have seriously advices anybody not to enter it.
The smell in the room was very bad.
Next evening and the morning that followed we had no water at all. Something the reception didn't believe was worth mentioning. The water wasn't getting up to the second floor. We started washing ourselves at the swimming pool showers when finally we got access to a first floor room to wash ourselves.
The second evening we woke up at 5am because of rats jumping (really) on the roof top. Because the roofs were flat and made of wood it the center it was making the hell of a noise. Kids were so scarred...
I cannot complain about the location because that the only thing we knew before going. But center = noise. What's the point when the city is so small and taxis are so cheap.
The wifi was working 30% of the time but the speed was ok when working.
The only other customers we spoke to had booked for three days. The left back to Bali after their first night... without water.
Don't go there.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jiic
Reviewed 31 July 2017

This is a mixed review. The Melati Resort & Hotel can be a very good experience but also a not so good one.

We had two rooms reserved, one for my daughter and my son in law and one for me. The one I got, a fine double room was fine but the one my daughter got was not so good. And the bathroom was not clean + what we are sure was blod stains on the wall.

To be very clear, the resort is very nice and centrally placed and my double room is fine especially compared to the very fair price.

The restaurant area is nice, the people at the hotel/restaurant are nice as well.
The recreative area is absolutely OK and while being very close to the road reasonably quiet. Also while being in noisy Kuta the hotel is acceptably peaceful by night.

The breakfast is OK as well and the Indonesian coffee is very good.

So the conclusion
Based on MY 2xDOUBLE 1st FLOOR ROOM Melati Resort & Hotel, the relaxed resort, the price and the nice people it is a splendid place.
Based on the experience with the double room with one bed it would NOT be acceptable. Had the bathroom been very clean, then perhaps. But they did not react and offer to clean it when my daughter complained.

We solved it by starting a cancelation procedure for the room with the dirty bathroom through Hotels.com and since we are very comfortable together and there is not more free rooms at the hotel my daughter and son in law moved into my room on the spare double bed.

This is a nice place and they need to do very little to make most tourists happy: Just make sure that all rooms are clean and especially that the bathrooms are without any dirty.

So I can recommend Melati but you need to be critical and insist getting one of their good rooms - perhaps communicate that message to them even before arriving.

The free wifi is very good by any comparison. I had to do some work and could use Remote Desktop as well as connecting to our FileMaker databases at home in Denmark.

Some remarks: I understand that this is not a hotel for 200 USD per night and that it is Indonesia and not Florida (by the way, I prefer this hotel to the plastic hotels in Florida). Just writing this to make sure you understand that the high marks I am giving is based on the price, the part of the world. And if you are used to travelling outside of the USA/Western Europe you will like this hotel (if they give you a good clean room:-)

Room Tip: Insist on checking the room, the bathroom and the cleaning before accepting.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Love this place.
The standard rooms are typically Indonesian - wet room bathroom and basic furniture. All rooms have a/c.
Delux rooms include fridge and seperate toilet. All rooms cleaned to a high standard every day.
Great setting towards the end of town. Close to everything you could want in and around Kuta but on the edge of the hustle and bustle.
The thing that really makes this hotel is the team that work there. Very friendly and helpfull. Nothing was too much of a problem from organising scooter hire, giving travel directions and driver information (Thank you Hool).
Sanna the chief would make us a feast everyday for taking on our early morning surf trips. Kept us going mate - thanks.
Very sociable staff that made us feel like part of the family.
Going to Kuta?... stay here!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank speddey
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

This hotel was good for the price. Rooms very basic but clean. Bathroom had cold shower only and could do with a bit of modernising! Location handy, there is a pool although did not use it. We did get breakfast included which was nice. Friendly staff! We got a transfer to the port which was fairly priced and useful and the guy who drove us showed up on time and was friendly.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple weeks. It was nice and clean. Our bed was a little old and could use an upgrade. They have tvs but don't really have any decent channels. The pool was pretty smoggy when we were there but they were working on it. The hotel staff was amazing. We caught some fish and they cleaned and cook them for us.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple