“Love this cooking class every time I visit Thailand!”

Me and Mom Cooking School
Ranked #3 of 9 Food & Drink in San Sai
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn Thai food culture and techniques with the organic ingredients and freshness. Growing up in the countryside, on my family's orchard garden. You will have fun and enjoy it for sure. And completely hands on learning.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This cooking class is one that I take every time I go to Thailand! Xie does an excellent job teaching and keeps everything fun and entertaining. She customizes the menu if there’s something specific you want to learn. I always leave with new skills and feel more and more comfortable cooking Thai food. We go on a tour of the local market and have the option of trying some delicious fruits. She also shows us the ingredients she has in the garden at home. Would definitely recommend over and over again.

All reviews
"private lesson"
in 3 reviews
"buy ingredients"

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We heard about "Me and Mom Cooking School" from my Thai host brother - and found the perfect host for our cooking class with Xie and her mother.

Learning from Xie and her mum offered us a window into some of the best things about Thai culture: its amazing food and the warmth and deep respect between children and parents in traditional family culture

Even after 2 years in Thailand (and a few cooking classes in between) I learnt a lot from Xie´s artful knowledge, while my husband who is new to Asia (and some might say the kitchen) was taken in quickly by her infectious good mood and passion for Thai food.

From the pick up at the hostel, a guided tour through Chiangmai´s food markets and Xie´s herbal garden, to the class itself at Xie´s mum`s house away from the bustle of Chiangmai city - this day has been one of the highlights of our honeymoon!

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

We reserved for a simple course and realized that we were only the two of us. Xie is absolutely adorable and here teaching is really good and very authentic.
All our dishes were amazing and we’ll practice at home really soon !
We recommend this lesson strongly !

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I hadn't even considered a cooking class until we arrived in thailand and fell in love with the food. Our AirBnb host recommended this cooking program and we are so happy she did! Xie (the instructor) is so knowledgable! She is warm, friendly, and made the experience so much more fun. She leaves you with a very comprehensive cookbook at the end as well. The group size was small which allowed for more personalized attention and we shared the experience with a solo traveller and another couple (all we're lovely and just added to the great experience). The facilities were very clean and very comfortable! This was a highlight of our trip and we just cannot rave about this tour enough!

Date of experience: February 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 January 2018

My boyfriend and I cannot give a higher recommendation for Me and Mom’s Cooking School! Xie was lovely, funny, very kind and teach us how to cook the best Thai foods. She showed us how to pick the right ingredients in a local market and we learned how to cook them. Her Mom’s house is located outside of the city, which is a beautiful and very calm environment. I highly recommend to take's Xie course, one of the best experience in Chiang Mai.

Date of experience: January 2018