1,214 results
All reviews business park exec lounge pizza hut sauna and steam room an excellent hotel leisure facilities great facilities changing rooms fosse park two double beds good size business meeting wi fi car park reception staff excellent stay buffet style
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

Visited this hotel in July. Only stayed overnight. Room was okay, but never really explored amenities as such.The coffee shop in the reception area provided a variety of hot snacks which was helpful to me. Would consider staying here again if visiting Leicester.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Leicester_Marriott, Manager at Leicester Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback and sharing your experience with the Leicester Marriott Hotel.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Just stayed for one night on business, normal Marriott hotel, juts another hotel really, decent standard, comfy bed, shower worked, nothing memorable.

Restaurant quite disappointing for evening food with a poor choice and very mediocre quality considering what they aspire to in charges. I had fish and chips at about 15 quid, the fish was over cooked and full of bones. If I had known I would have gone to a chippy, got better value and no bones! The choices were limited, and the whole place just slow and dull.

Breakfast was considerably better, attentive friendly staff, and great choices and fair quality, although the bacon was cheap and cheerful.

What really galled me was a little charge on my bill that I spotted the next day- It read-

Restaurant Service £2.50.

So when I checked out I asked about it, you will never believe the answer I got from reception- 'Its a charge that the American owners of Marriott put on' 'Why?' I asked, 'Well its written in the small print on the menu sir'- So I told them it was a bit like stealing and I wanted it removed, and they did so. We have to stand up to these corporate thieves- lets say that 200 people use that restaurant every night and receive this 'ghostly' charge that's an extra £500 a day clear profit and £3500 per week but not for any good reason (one assumes that if you have the temerity to want to use the restaurant, then they assume they can justify the temerity to charge you £2.50 for doing so!)

This has made me decide to avoid this chain at all costs, I hate being ripped off even for a penny and I can at least vote with my feet, the whole hotel was pretty mediocre anyway.

Room tip: Watch out for the special restaurant 'usage' charge.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Leicester_Marriott, Manager at Leicester Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for you’re the valuable review of your recent stay at the Leicester Marriott Hotel. It is disappointing to know that we have missed an opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations during your visit to us. I was most surprised to read your comments on your dinner experience but rest assured the feedback is taken on board and will be suitably addressed with the team. Thank you for the positive comments on the Breakfast choices and the service staff. Just to clarify that service charge is not uncommon in the service industry and is discretionary. We look forward to welcoming you back on you next visit.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

I was pleased with the facilities available, rooms have decent bathrooms and are clean and comfortable. The bar and foyer area are relaxing, the choice is okay, the chicken tikka masala is fantastic though, so worth a try. Breakfast has a wide choice and there's plenty of room. However the biggest Impression of all was made by the staff. The team there is fantastic and made me feel, very welcome, and almost made the hotel a home from home whilst I was there, there are just so many great staff including Anca, Jamie, Martin, Ketty, Taz, Mohammed Puna, who all take the time to stop and talk and ensure everything is okay. Nothing was too much trouble. I have without doubt missed off others who are worthy of a mention as well so apologies to them!
This is definitely my hotel of choice in Leicester

Room tip: corner rooms are brighter and seem roomier
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank paulwilliams362

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you had an excellent stay with us. Our team take great pride in providing excellent guest experience; I have shared your positive feedback and compliments with our hotel team.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We were impressed with the quality of the hotel, service from all areas, including reception, food and drink, and the ease of access from/to the M1.
The large adjacent car park, a good price and a pleasant ambience all added to the experience.
We will certainly use the hotel again whenever we are travelling and need a stop over.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Leicester_Marriott, Front Office Manager at Leicester Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review; it is always a pleasure to read such kind feedback. I have shared your comments within the hotel and they were greatly appreciated as all of our staff strive to provide all guests with a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere.
On behalf of the Leicester Marriott I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Sally Coleman
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 31 July 2016

Saturday overnight stay, booked on Marriott website as Rewards member - reasonable price at £84. Breakfast included on 'Visa' offer.Located in a largely commercial area by Fosse Park Shops. Impressive entrance foyer, Efficient check in. Allocated a Spacious Business King room on 5th floor. Clean and comfortable with fridge and usual equipment - safe, kettle, iron, flatscreen TV etc. Efficient aircon. Decent bathroom, good towels.
Wifi was free as a Rewards member - was just adequate for basic use.
Bed was big and comfy. Slept well, place was quiet despite 2 Wedding parties in the function rooms.
We used the Leisure facilities - pool, steam room and sauna- which were OK.
Breakfast was the usual buffet arrangements with plentiful choices regularly replenished.
Had to pay to park - I always resent this as a Hotel guest!
Nonetheless, An enjoyable stay.
Tip - the Grove Farm Pub (2 minutes walk) serves good steaks from £9.95 or a nice carvery meal.

Room tip: High floors quieter
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and have shared your feedback and compliments with the team.
Sally Coleman