All reviews dive resort fish great diving diving crew group of friends first stop non divers every meal equipment boat turtles trips mainland dish reef boutique warmth
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Very clean and very friendly staff for a dive trip. All cleaning and carrying of the dice equipment was full service. Food was surprisingly good as well. Dive masters were also friendly and very helpful and knowledgeable. Would recommend.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cocotinos_Manado, General Manager at Cocotinos Manado, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Dear Edward L,

Thank you for giving us top marks.
We are really pleased that you enjoyed our dive, food and overall resort service.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you again on your return trip.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I went during Easter high season but this place is located in a remote village and it is pristine and less touristy.

My flight was delayed 2 hours and it was midnight when I came out of terminal and the hotel pick up staff is very promising and still waiting me at airport.

Tips: Highly recommend you to book pick up with hotel especially if your flight arrive at evening. Some locals teens still lingering on the street and not behave nicely so just be cautious!

Diving crew are nice and friendly- easy diving trips! You can also bargain if you did 6 dives the manager of odyssey dive will offer 10-15% off the rates.

Room is well maintained and I believe there is a turn down service as well.

However the only part disappointed me and fellow guest is the food.

I booked half board (lunch) the quality portion and presentation of food is not decent. I.E the Nasi Goreng fried rice tasted really dry. The grills fish with rice doesn't come along with any side dish. The food is worse than those you can get from
Food court. - this needs to be addressed otherwise people may not stay or return to this property

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Cocotinos_Manado, General Manager at Cocotinos Manado, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Dear QiongWU,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort.
We are glad you liked out airport pickup, and overall hotel and dive service.

As for the food, you booked "half board" which includes only breakfast and lunch (choice of three dishes). Most of our guests book full board and we have had very good feed back on our food, especially our seafood BBQ. Some have booked only room and breakfast and are also happy with the a la carte choices on our menu. However we take your comments seriously and we will look at how we can improve the half-board experience".

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Cocotinos at the beginning of April and did 4 dives at the dive centre on site. The staff were very friendly, took our baby off us at the beginning of every meal, gave him back (asleep) once we had finished eating which gave us a well-needed break! The general setting and sunsets are beautiful. Only problems were that for the first couple of days, a lot of food wasn't available on the menu, and the 1 guy who makes cocktails (and he makes amazing cocktails) wasn't there so it wasn't possible to have any cocktails of any kind until he came back because no one else could do them. There is also a mosque next door which is quite loud for quite a long time at 4:30am - I could deal with this but my husband found it hard to get back to sleep again. There's nothing can be done about this but be aware. The rooms are very large and clean and the bathrooms have lots of plants in which looks nice. I'd definitely stay again if husband had earplugs!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Cocotinos_Manado, General Manager at Cocotinos Manado, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Dear Agnes1412,

Thank you for your nice review of our resort.
We try our best with child care services for guest who have babies so that parents can also enjoy some diving together.
Hilman our chief bartender is very dedicated and talented but we are still training the others.

As for the mosque, the daily call to prayer is part of the local village culture. There are three churches and one mosque, and religious harmony.

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

One of the best diving sites in Indonesia that we can depart from here..
Friendly and profesional diving crews.

Nice seaview right in front our rooms.

I wished to experience best Manado foods here since surrounded with fishermen but with the prices and qualities, should do much more effort to improve.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Martinus W, General Manager at Cocotinos Manado, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Dear Orhyza M.

Thanks for your positive review. We are glad you felt in professional hands and well taken care by our dive guides and crew. We are happy you enjoyed the seaview in front of your room. Cocotinos Manado has great seaviews, and amazing sunsets. Thanks for your comment on the food. Our kitchen indeed knows how to make good Manado food. However we try to maintain a medium level of spice in our dishes as not all guests are used to Manado's normal level of "heat" in their food. Next time you visit, do feel welcome to ask our chef to cook your food extra spicy. They will be happy to prepare it for you.

Thanks again for your feedback and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed for several nights and found it difficult to leave. Few key notes:

1. Hotel is about a 30-minute drive from Sam Ratulangi airport. We used Bluebird and they have a desk once you exit the terminal. Cost was about Rp75K.

2. We arrive around 11 pm but I let reception know we would arrive late. To our pleasant surprise, we were welcomed w/ a refreshing drink and sandwiches.

3. The rooms are spacious and clean. We had 2 full beds. Amenities in the room included: safe, fridge, cable TV, towels and toiletries and a water dispenser (a very nice touch might I add)! Wifi is available throughout the property and functioned well.

4. Amenities at the hotel include a swimming pool and barcaloungers. OdysseaDive is on site (more on them in a bit), there's a spa (didn't have a chance to use, but looked nice), gift shop and the ability to plan day trips including Manado city tour and the Highlands.

5. Diving: the primary reason people come to this hotel. The staff at Odyssea are so great! Special thank you to Miki and the rest of the gang. I paid a total of Rp1.75million and it included 2 dives, equipment and the ride to Bunaken Marine Park. You must also pay the marine entrance fee which was Rp150k. The diving crew is highly experienced so you're in good hands. The dive master briefed us on what we would see, how far we would dive and the water conditions. Like other readers, it was my first dive post-PADI certification and I was a bit nervous. After our first dive, I knew I was in good hands. During our boat ride, the water was choppy so bring meds if you're prone to seasickness.

6. Breakfast is included and options include continental, pancakes and local Manado dishes. Try the bubur which is congee with pumpkin and tuna - really wonderful way to start the day. I loved the coffee too and bought beans from the kitchen - just ask, they'll accommodate. Lunch and dinner are a la Carte and offerings include Indo cuisine, pasta and even hamburgers. Prices are reasonable especially if you order the Indo dishes. Try the fried rice served in a pineapple.

7. We booked several day trips to both Manado and the Highlands. I highly recommend seeing these sites esp the Highlands. The trips can easily be arranged from reception.

8. Last, but not least, I'm so touched by the warmth and sincerity of the staff. Everyone I came in contact with was super friendly and always smiling. I made sure to say pagi (morning) to them every morning and kasih (thanks) at every chance. Hilman the bartender is so great and makes killer cocktails. Rein was our Highlands tour guide and, again, just super friendly. Management should know they have some amazing people working here.

I could go on and on but the above should give you an idea of why you should stay here. Manado/Sulawesi is a magical place and if you're looking for something besides Bali, come to Manado and stay at Cocotinos!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Louie M
Martinus W, General Manager at Cocotinos Manado, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2017

Dear Louie M,

Thanks for your outstanding and detailed review of our resort. We highly appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear of your wonderful experience. As part of our welcome, every guest is given a welcome drink and sandwich. The resort offers airport pick-up but if you wish, you can also take a taxi from the airport. We will pass your greetings to Miki who is dedicated, responsible and always pays attention to details. You made a good decision in choosing Cocotinos. Our dive sites are ideal for new divers but also for professionals. We choose our dive sites based on the experience level of our guests. We are glad you enjoyed our cuisine; as you mentioned, we offer many options both local and international. The highland tour is one of our recommended tours because you get to discover and experience the Minahasa culture, traditions and local food. We will pass your greetings to our staff Hilman and Rein. They are great assets! Cocotinos Manado's philosophy is to provide a "home away from home". We want to make sure our guests feel welcome and comfortable. Manado is, to some extent, a destination off the beaten path. If you are looking for another type of experience, a little paradise in North Sulawesi, then this is the place to visit. Thanks again for your great feedback and we hope to see you soon in the near future.