“Cocotinos Delivers!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wori
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Cocotinos Delivers!”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We arrived after long flights to the warmest and friendliest welcome imaginable! All logistics were taken care of, smiles all around and cold water in the car for a short ride to the resort. Rooms were charming, even fresh flowers on the beds! Service generally very attentive and friendly, food good and spa an absolute gem! I would return just for that! massages brilliant! Sadly we could not dive there but James the DM showed us his underwater photos and these were truly amazing! So, all in all , we all agreed to return as soon as we could - to savor the resort, the spa and the diving!

Room Tip: Waterfront rooms were a delight
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
MartinusWawanda, General Manager at Cocotinos Manado, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for staying at our Resort and for your review. Our Spa staff really appreciated your comments, our spa maybe small, but as they say, good things sometimes come in small packages. It was a pity that you could not do any diving as it really is something special, the drop-offs at Bunaken island will take your breath away and we also have some really good diving close to the resort. James our dive Instructor sends his regards and hopes that he can show you the real thing next time you visit. Again thank you for your review from all of us at Cocotinos.

With kind regards
Martinus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I picked this resort based on good reviews on Tripadvisor and i really did choose the best one. It is indeed a very charming resort, full of lovely people.

As soon as i arrived, I was invited to fill in the registration form in the restaurant and was welcomed by welcoming club sandwiches and welcome drink. Then I was brought to my room just opposite the swimming pool. The decoration is simple but cozy. The room is spacious, clean and my bed is so comfortable.

Free WiFi is offered in the restaurant area. Food was good. They also have a small spa in the resort. Unfortunately, I didn't get chance to try the massage or any treatment.

The next best thing here is the service. All staffs are so helpful and friendly. They can communicate in English really well and they took really good care of me and my friends.
This trip was my business trip but i enjoyed it as if it was my holiday. Definitely I would love to come back again.

Tips :

- I would recommend to book airport pick up service in advance since the resort is a bit isolate and some taxi does not know the exact location

- Going to Manado Town Center may take a while and resort doesn't have shuttle service. However, you can ask reception desk to call a taxi. It costed me last time approx. IDR 80,000 to go to town and approx. IDR 100,000 to come back.

Dear Reviewer,

What can we say but thank you for your kind review it is much appreciated , Please come and stay with us again and please try our spa the next time it maybe small but it gives really good Indonesian style massages a bit different from the Thai massages you may have had before. So again thank you from all of us here at Cocotinos and we hope to see you again soon.

Warmest regards from all staff of Cocotinos Manado
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 22 January 2012

It was litle bit late when I was arrived at the hotel...and was very happy to find that I had my room overlooking the sea..from the glass door of my bedroom I can see the movement of the wave and its sounds and bring me to had a good sleep

I wake up for the breakfast and and ready to go with a boat to Bunaken... It was really unbelievable , Leaving the Jetti of Coconut hotel greeted by a professional staff at the restaurant and try to fix my snorkeling equipment... they are very friendly.

Arriving at Bunaken.. the sea and underwater view that I really eager to discovery with.was amazing.. as so far I just really read , look on TV and movie... but look at this wat the beach has had? along the beach was a nice coral , colourful fish... and I feel I dance with them.. ( Thanks Tino ( Martinus) - the GM of Cocotinos Hotel and the master Divers who is more than 5 hours accompany me in the sea.. (I cant swim really well, but with his assistance all luks easy and great::-).and when one chance both of us see big fish we teboth scream,, Its NAPOLEON fisssssh..:-) ..

It was 4 pm in the afternun, we back to the hotel for lunch ,,, and and enjoy my afternoon
tea... the restaurant also occupied by WIFI ... the sunset was there and I enjoy every movement of the sun from the jetti of COCOTINOS resort.

The dinner time start at 8 pm... a buffee dinner was served for a group,, entertained by the famous local music of MENADO - KULINTANG,,,TM/Mr. Wong .. the owner and Iwan Sitompul the Director of sales was there to accompany the group dinner... this night, we all like a family... singing together...and even TM was a good guitar player.. .. the night sound is now come ,, the wave and its sounds spoil my sleep...back to the room the staff has clean all the bedroom..room so convenience....and i slept with lullaby...
Thengkyu again for TINo, IWAN and TM ( mr.Wong) you have the friendly and proffeisonal staff ... cee u again

Room Tip: front beach
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much, as you are from Bali another beautiful island with lots of good hotels this makes us appreciate your review even more. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that when you go to sleep you dream of the dancing fish and not of the Napoleon Wrasse which made you scream. Pak Iwan and TM send their regards as do all of our staff and we look forward to seeing you again soon at Cocotinos.

With kind regards
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 20 January 2012

The location is great, and the staff very professionnel and smiley :)

Room Tip: Did not see any fitness center !???, BUt this a doving resort, so we did some balineese massage...
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your review it was much appreciated. Sorry we do not have a fitness center, but as you found out we do have a rather good spa. Maybe we can teach you to dive when you visit us next time and we can show you the reefs around Bunaken which are justifiably famous, or just go snorkeling which is just as good. We hope that you come and stay with us again soon.
So thanks once again from all of us at Cocotinos for your review.

Warmest regards from all Staff of Cocotinos Manado

Marsta, Sweden
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I arrived at the resort after three nights of an unforgettably bad experience in the town of Manado at the recently concluded Asean Tourism Forum.

I was picked up at my hotel by the charming Ika, the sales coordinator of Cocotino's. On the way to the resort, she helped me do some shopping at a local supermarket and even ensured that the sauce I was buying had not gone "out-of-date". That is the extent to which the staff are helpful and attentive. I cannot emphasise how wonderful,attentive and well trained they truly are. They would be the envy of most 5* international chain hotels. Within the first couple of hours everyone knew and addressed me by name. The staff, or maybe I should call them "our hosts" all spoke excellent English and each and every one of them went out of their way to make me feel at home. Coming from three nights of "no speak english" and not a clue of hospitality or housekeeping at the hotel in Manado town, this was a dream come true.

I was given a room facing the sea and therefore did not once experience the sound effects reported by other reviewers.

The room was perfect, spotlessly clean and with all the comforts you could ask for, and yet done in the most charming rustic style. All the equipment worked flawlessly, and the shower had enough pressure to blow out a fire on the 4th floor of a building. The tub was spotless as was the toilet. The linen and towels were as soft, white and inviting as could be found anywhere. The only downside for me was that all the rooms seemed to have only twin bed accommodation. Being as big as I am, it is always nice to have a Queen sized bed at least, but I guess this is a factor of being a diving oriented resort and divers tend to hunt in teams rather than couples, I guess.... much like golfers! ;-) so no minus points for this, it just IS!

The food was excellent (I never tried the western style food), but the local style food was fresh as it was delicious.The restaurant wait staff were excellent and went out of their way to ensure that everyone felt at home. They made sure that those dining alone did not feel lonely. They always had time for few words with all the single diners so that while one may have been dining alone, one was not left only staring at the trees and scenery to pass time. BTW while the rooms do not have internet, the restaurant has free wi-fi connectivity. They also play the most wonderful selection of music from the most eclectic jazz, to 60's and 70's rock, no techno-crap (a huge plus in my book). On the second night the owner, Mr TM Wong (who had specially flown in from Malaysia to welcome us) took personal charge of the dinner entertainment and started the evening out with a performance by students of the Kolintang from the local orphanage. During the dinner break for the performers, TM pulled out his guitar and got all the guests to join in. Both he and the Director of Sales n Mktg.- Iwan Sitompul posses the most wonderful musical talent and I wonder why they never pursued a career in music.

The resort GM- Tino as he is affectionately known, (half of the resort name is his) was also the dive master for our day out on the water. He is truly the most wonderful repository of information. As mentioned in one of the other reviews he is most caring and attentive of his divers and even though I did not scuba, but only snorkeled, I was truly impressed. Everyone on board had their own labelled glass/cup, soft white towel (no ugly, abrasive beach towels here) tea/coffee on tap, cookies n buns and attentive assistants who even packed up the guests cameras in a waterproof bag and carried them from/to the boat at one island stop.
Tino even negotiated the purchase of a 55kilo Yellowfin Tuna from the local fishermen, to ensure we had some great photo ops as well as a centerpiece and talking point for our evening gala dinner.

Mr Wong and your Cocotinos Family here is a big big three cheers to you. You really have something to be more than justifiably proud of.

Room Tip: Try to get the waterfront rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank rum100proof
Dear Reviewer.

What can we say about your review but “Thank You”, “Thank You,”” Thank You”. We are so glad that you managed to experience the meaning of real hospitality at Cocotinos, especially after your rather negative experience of staying at a local city hotel.
As you found out after staying with us we always try to make our guests experience the best that it can be, and we like to treat everyone who stays with us, as we would a friend staying in our own home. This is made easier for us by the natural hospitality and friendliness that our staff have in abundance, and which seems to spill over in their contacts with our guests. This is something that no amount of training can achieve. Simple things like greeting guests by name, having a quiet conversation with a single guest sitting in the restaurant without being intrusive, or putting their names on towels and cups on the dive boat seems to make a big difference as to how our guests enjoy their stay at Cocotinos
Our owner and designer of Cocotinos Resorts, Mr TM Wong whom you met. Has always emphasised that we make sure that the small things which always seem to make a big difference to the comfort and wellbeing of our guests during their stay are taken care of and
we see from your excellent review that we have succeeded.
Again many thanks for your review and for staying with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again in future, hopefully it will not be to long before you pay us another visit.

Warmest regards from all staff Cocotinos Manado

Martinus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wori
7.1 km away
Siladen Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Siladen Island
11.8 km away
Bunaken Oasis Dive Resort and Spa

Been to Cocotinos Manado? Share your experiences!