All reviews minute walk village host pubs bath moher cliffs music suggestions ensuite
Reviewed 20 August 2017

We stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed all our time at this B&B. Olwyn & Des made us feel at home right away and gave us excellent information on the surrounding area and places to eat and listen to the folk music.
Our room was fabulous, spacious, clean with full en suite including bath. There are views out towards the Atlantic from all rooms at the front of the house. The breakfast was excellent and well cooked from a wide choice.
The local pubs/restaurants were a 15 minute walk away on quiet country lanes.
There are numerous walks in the area and it is easy to reach the Cliffs of Moher, on foot, by car or by local bus.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave5b
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Lovely B & B, a pleasant fifteen minute stroll to the village of Doolin. Olwyn is a welcoming host, providing good tips, lovely breakfast, and even help getting maps printed for the next leg of my journey! A very pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2017

The rooms are equipped with very nicely renovated antique furniture, the whole place is very clean and cozy and comfortable to stay in. The room had a large king sized bed, a closet, a table with two armchairs, a tv and a separated bathroom. Our host was very helpful with preparing us breakfast with regards to my gluten and dairy allergy (even though we didn't manage to let her know in advance). And the food was delicious.

Room Tip: If you have food allergies, let them know in advance and they can do wonders for you :)
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2016

Stayed nights of September 18-19, 2016
Olwyn welcomes with a smile that is as bright and cheerful as her accommodations.

Our room seemed to be the size of a junior suite in some 4 or 5 Star hotels. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. The breakfast was delicious. We stayed 2 nights and both mornings Olwyn made sure we had breakfast at a convenient time to drive to our walking tours.

The location, for us, was perfect. It is a very short drive from the town centers so you are in calm and peaceful setting. You might walk into town but we did not feel comfortable to walk on the side of the road, especially at night. We felt very lucky that Ashbrook Lodge had everything we desired for our visit to the area. We did not need to be in the center of town and all the activity.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2016

On my first trip through Ireland about 4 years ago, this place had become one of my favorite B&B's I have ever been too. All I can say is that the second time around was still one of the best experiences I have had. Knowledgeable, helpful, polite, and a fantastic cook. You truly feel like a family friend invited over for a visit. The rooms are massive compared to many others I have stayed in, with a full couch and plenty of room to stretch out. It is easily in walking distance to pubs and attractions in Doolin, and parking is never an issue. It's views are beautiful, and the house is clean and cozy. I could honestly not say enough good things about this place. There is a reason I have come back again, and have every inention of making this my go-to B&B in the area.

Room Tip: I have stayed in room 1 and 3, and both were wonderful.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family