All reviews minute walk village host pubs bath moher cliffs music suggestions ensuite
Reviewed 5 October 2016

Stayed nights of September 18-19, 2016
Olwyn welcomes with a smile that is as bright and cheerful as her accommodations.

Our room seemed to be the size of a junior suite in some 4 or 5 Star hotels. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. The breakfast was delicious. We stayed 2 nights and both mornings Olwyn made sure we had breakfast at a convenient time to drive to our walking tours.

The location, for us, was perfect. It is a very short drive from the town centers so you are in calm and peaceful setting. You might walk into town but we did not feel comfortable to walk on the side of the road, especially at night. We felt very lucky that Ashbrook Lodge had everything we desired for our visit to the area. We did not need to be in the center of town and all the activity.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2016

On my first trip through Ireland about 4 years ago, this place had become one of my favorite B&B's I have ever been too. All I can say is that the second time around was still one of the best experiences I have had. Knowledgeable, helpful, polite, and a fantastic cook. You truly feel like a family friend invited over for a visit. The rooms are massive compared to many others I have stayed in, with a full couch and plenty of room to stretch out. It is easily in walking distance to pubs and attractions in Doolin, and parking is never an issue. It's views are beautiful, and the house is clean and cozy. I could honestly not say enough good things about this place. There is a reason I have come back again, and have every inention of making this my go-to B&B in the area.

Room Tip: I have stayed in room 1 and 3, and both were wonderful.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Brandon O
Reviewed 26 September 2016

We enjoyed our stay at Ashbrook Lodge B&B during our travels through Ireland. It's the perfect base from which to visit the Cliffs of Moher and The Burren (along with others). The town of Doolin is very small but charming, with some lovely gift shops, restaurants, and pubs with traditional Irish music. Olwyn is a very gracious hostess. She even offered to make us dinner reservations the evening we arrived. You can walk into town from this B&B, but it's a bit of a long walk so we drove. Only about a 3 minute drive, and there is plenty of free parking in the town. Our room was large and spotlessly clean with a lovely view. Breakfast was fabulous and cooked to order. Would recommend. One thing to note - payment is by cash and there is no ATM in Doolin, and it's a good idea to have the exact amount because Olwyn didn't have change when we paid (which wasn't a problem).

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KaylaNicole421
Reviewed 9 September 2016

A great place to stay. The rooms are very big and luxurious and clean. You have a nice view and the next village is only 15 minutes away. The host is really friendly and gives you good advises what you can do around the area and where you can eat some good food. It was the best B&B I have stayed during my holidays.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Wonderful place to stay. Gorgeous rooms and great views and the staff and food were excellent. It is on the hill on the way down to the village of Doolin. The rooms are spacious and the decor is lovely, the owners were so friendly.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple