“A lovely Cottage in Doolin”
Review of The Ivy Cottage

The Ivy Cottage
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Doolin
Price range: USD 6 - USD 24
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Set in beautiful surroundings The Ivy Cottage offers indoor or outdoor seating. Famous for our fresh fish and hand cut chips we also offer sweet and savoury snacks and a great range of deserts. We serve freshly ground coffee and have a great range of teas. Join us soon for a best of the best locally caught fish and local produce.
Reviewed 19 June 2018

On our way to the Cliffs of Moher we stopped for lunch at this quaint and lovely cottage. We were not disappointed. Friendly staff, warm and inviting atmosphere, delicious food and reasonable prices. I particularly recommend their chowder (with the best Irish bread ever), their crab open sandwiches and their mussels. Last but not least the Ivy Cottage is also baking. Their selection of cakes and cheesecake still make my drool while I write this review ....

Frank D, Owner at The Ivy Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you. We are happy that you enjoyed your experience with us.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

After a day filled with the Cliffs of Moher and a cruise to the Aran Islands, we discovered the Ivy Cottage in Doolin as a great dining venue to complete a great day. We were fortunate to find a table outside and enjoyed a local beer and wine.
Had a simple dinner featuring a lamb burger and fish&chips. Both were excellent. Waitress provided great advice on portion control. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Although perched in busiest corner of Doolin’s Main Street, this little restaurant is worth it if you need to fill up after a day of touring or goofing around. There is also quiet shady seating and indoor seating. We both ordered sandwiches. I had the pulled pork (which was a curry chicken version) and my husband had the open faced crab which was yummy! Others nearby were commenting on their delicious lamb burgers and perfectly prepared fish & chips. The curry sandwich seemed a little on the dry side for me, so we swapped & I had the crab. My husband really enjoyed the curry! No pics this time, but a great review none the less!

Frank D, Owner at The Ivy Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

A ballsy move to charge 11eur for a bowl of chowder. It was going to be awesome or dam right arrogant. It didn’t fail. Excellent locally sourced fish. Eat outside if you can. Five stars

1  Thank UnaNorris

I like the way you express your review. Many thanks

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Don’t miss out! One of the best Irish coffee I ever had. Kind and lovely staff. If you're in the area... within 100 miles of Doolin make sure to stop by and check out this gem of a restaurant... Highly recommended!