All reviewscontinental breakfastbunk bedsensuite roomfamily roomthe ownersconesaran islandsyogurtstay there againthe location is perfectthe pubporridgelive musicanthonydormmohercliffs
Reviewed 27 June 2017

We stayed at the Inn part of this accommodation.
We left one day early. Inn has a policy of only changing towels every 2 days, so a member of staff who came in to empty bin (I won't say room service), whilst we were out, picked up a wet bath towel from the dirty bathroom floor and put it back on the towel rail. Most unhygienic. This policy is to save water for environmental reasons, yet the room we had didn't even have a dual flush toilet, so huge amount of water wasted there.
Water pressure to room was variable so taking a shower was a poor experience as it kept going from trickle to gushing, hot and cold every few seconds. There is a sign on room door explaining this, as if that makes everything ok.
No basic facilities such as kettle or TV in room. Can buy coffee at cafe located there.
On the plus side there was continental breakfast (limited choice) and WiFi included.
Probably ok for one night and if you like staring at a phone/ipad screen.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
DoolinHostel, Owner at Doolin Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations. But to put into perspective you where paying hostel prices, cheaper than a local B&B and much cheaper than the hotel. So services and amenities are limited in comparison. We offer good value focusing on budget accommodation.

We have just added Tea Coffee facilities and Ironing facilities to our Inn rooms as of yesterday, I am sorry we didn't have them during your stay but you had access to the full hostel kitchen and living room with TV.

We do not advertise TV's in our rooms and are still undecided about them as lots of people enjoy the fact of being disconnected while on holidays. We have free wifi throughout and offer a healthy continental breakfast (not a hot breakfast), free parking and a cafe that is open from 8am-9pm except Wednesdays.

We have an environmental policy and change the towels every two days for stay on's. I am sorry about the pressure in the shower, it was a recurring issues lately regarding a faulty pressure vessel. Which we hopefully have fixed now with the replacement. If you read the comments on the shower it was pertaining to the eco shower head which has an off switch and variable settings such as a pulse massage setting. Dual flush toilets are in nearly all our rooms, we have some regular types where we reduced the volume of the cistern to cut down on the volume waste.

Thank you for all your feedback it does help us understand more what our customers expect and helps us communicate better what we offer and what improvements we can make.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in Ireland

Reviewed 27 June 2017

My daughter and I had originally booked this inn for a couple of nights but only ended up staying one night because of a plan change. It was cheaper for the 2 nights than to change the reservation to somewhere else for one night (or even at this location as we had booked fairly early). It was only like $58 for the 2 nights with breakfast. The breakfast was great and it is very convenient to many things. We just walked to the port to get the boat to the Islands and Cliff's of Moher.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay and found us such great value and enjoyed our location in the center of Doolin, walking distance to all pubs, pier and located at the start of the Cliffs of Moher Coastal Walk.

Anthony and Deidre

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Very friendly and efficient staff. Upgraded to the Inn due to a large party staying in the hostel which we had booked. Room spacious, comfortable beds and very clean. Hostel had good sitting room and kitchen a little basic but ok. Would have benefitted from freezer (moving onto a campsite next and need to keep food chilled).
Good eco friendly approaches in evidence.
Breakfast was very good efficient and plentiful.....I didn't miss my 'full irish' at all!
Definitely would come back.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
DoolinHostel, Owner at Doolin Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and thanks for all the feedback. Great to hear you enjoyed our healthy continental breakfast buffet. Enjoy the camping and it would be great to have you come back and stay again.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

a fine comfortable spot ,in the heart of Doolin,great chatty staff and one of the most comfortable beds i ever slept in,at the last minute i had to change my travel plans and they could not be more accommodating,

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Great to hear you got such a good nights sleep and you felt so welcome in our home. Delighted to hear the staff where all so pleasant and helpful.
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels as much.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Look at my reviews it takes something bad to leave a negative one so let me begin horrible incompetent manager stems from the top down with staff. Booked this hostel and never got confirmation email from them nothing not even after requesting one with their staff over the phone. Still getting charged for the non confirmed booking by them. This place has no customer service just a team of bullies trained to extract money from customers. Avoid like the plague there is much much better and cheaper options around Doolin with properly trained staff.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
DoolinHostel, Owner at Doolin Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Its always a disappointment to see when Tripadvisor is used to get revenge. Our staff are some of the kindest and most helpful people you will ever meet, and I take great offense to your comments about them. Maybe with your next booking your fiancee made for next month you will see that.
To clarify the situation:
1) You booked over the phone and gave your credit card to secure your booking after you where told the cancellation policy. The booking was then confirmed via the phone.
2) You requested an additional confirmation by email. Unfortunately the email taken/communicated was incorrect to your actual email.
3) As you did not receive your requested email a simple phone call from you or follow up email from you would have clarified why it was not sent. For this I apologize that we did not follow up correctly on your request. But at no time did we cancel your confirmed reservation. Instead you choose to book another accommodation in Doolin.
4) You spoke with my wife Deirdre on the night you did not show, because we phone to see why you where delayed. She was polite and gave a €50.00 discount on your cancellation fee.
I conversed with you in one email where I was professional and understanding but sadly we must enforce our cancellation policy. In todays world if you do not have a cancellation policy 40-45% of bookings cancel, with a cancellation policy 10-20% cancel. To keep our prices low and good value, to pay our staff a fair wage, to continually improve and invest our properties it is a necessity.
6) As with my email I asked the question that if you arrived and we had no reservation for you with an explanation that we did not send an email. Would you have taken this as a satisfactory explanation for your phone booking which you confirmed with credit card.
7) Our best terms and conditions are when you book direct or on our website. And on other websites you maybe requested to provide a deposit.
I hope this clarifies the situation.
Anthony