Free cancellation until 25/07
USD 152
USD 152
USD 140
USD 123
Doolin Sunset B&B(Doolin)(Great Value!)
Doolin House(Doolin)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 23/07
USD 105
USD 110
Free cancellation until 23/07
USD 116
All reviewscontinental breakfastbunk bedsensuite roomfamily roomthe ownergreat place to stayaran islandsyogurtstay there againthe location is perfectthe pubthe cliffsitting roomlive musicanthonydormmoher
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Let me preface this by saying that this was the only hostel we stayed in so it's difficult to rate our experience the b&b's we've been staying in. We had a room en suite in the newer building across from the hostel. The room was fairly spacious but otherwise unremarkable. Bathroom was oddly configured with the way the door opened into. The shower had barely enough pressure and at times would turn into a dribble. We like fresh are and the room only had one window that opened and even then it only opened maybe 6 inches. Silly really.

The breakfast was standard hostel like (or so I would imagine). Multiple cereals (but no muesli!), a good number of seeds and fruits to add to it. Good brown bread, butter, cheese, ham and jam to add to it. Juice, coffee, tea.

Rooms are quite, but if you have a street facing room, you get the late night noise of people coming home from the pubs. Wifi was fine but they ask that you don't upload photos, etc and don't stream.

The hostel is a good value (we payed 65€ a night) so really it's a good budget option.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg D
DoolinHostel, Owner at Doolin Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Thank you for your review and for your feedback. The shower issue has been resolved it was an issue with a pump during your stay and I am sorry for this inconvenience. Sadly the 6" opening of the window is a safety regulation required by the Irish Tourism Board to be an approved accommodation provider. As you have not stayed in a hostel before our breakfast standard is very high. Good news on the wifi Doolin is finally getting broadband and over the coming days we should be connected which will make a big improvement from the satellite broadband.

Thank you for noting we are a budget option and for recommending us as such.
Warmest regards
Anthony and Deirdre

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I stayed in a double room at Doolin Inn and I must say it was fantastic. The furniture was new and the bed was really comfortable. Breakfast was included but consisted of cereals, yoghurt, fruit, tea... If you wish something cooked for breakfast you have to pay for it. The location is perfect if you want to visit the Cliffs of Moher. There is a shuttle available if you want to get there by bus, but I strongly recommend getting there on foot by the Cliffs of Moher Coastal Walk, since the views are amazing. Plus, the price for our three-night stay was reasonable. I would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, delighted you enjoyed your stay so much especially in our new double rooms in the Inn building.

Warmest regards
Anthony and Deirdre

Reviewed 18 April 2017

This hostel is fab, one of the best I have been in, with the price for sharing very reasonable. Very close to the bars and can go for lovely walks. Not too far from the ferry to Inis Mor either. With regard to the hostel, it was spotless, breakfast included continental which was very good too. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Go to O'Connors for great Irish music!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I didn't stay at the Doolin Hostel but Cliff Coast Coffee is attached to it and I thought it was terrific! We were on our way to the Doolin Cave but there is no transportation there from the bus stop, so one of the friendly staff members at Cliff Coast Coffee kindly called a taxi for us. After our Doolin Cave visit, we went back to Cliff Coast Coffee for a snack and it was great. The food is fresh and fabulous and there were plenty of places to sit and relax in the lounge area. Thank you for the great service in your cozy establishment :)

Stayed: April 2016
Reviewed 6 March 2017

The Doolin Hostel is AMAZING. Other than sharing a room with several other people, it is not at all like your standard hostel. It is the most charming, beautiful, laid back place I've ever stayed. I was there a week and wished I could have stayed longer. I plan to return for a longer visit this summer. The breakfast that is included is top notch. The cafe downstairs and the sitting room are both heavenly. I've been dreaming of another Baileys Latte ever since. The kitchen is great if you bring groceries to cook. Otherwise you'll have to eat out your entire time there. There are several pubs and one seafood restaurant in addition to the cafe that offer food. Doolin does not have a grocery store. Doolin and the hostel/B&B reminded me so much of the 1980's American TV show Newhart.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo