I stayed at Badian Island Resort with a guest and my husband and we had a great time. I have not heard of this resort and none of my friends know it as well, our guest (a Canadian) had already booked himself so my husband and I just followed suit. We had a very relaxing and peaceful stay and were so sorry to leave after just 3 days and 2 nights. The rooms are huge and attractively appointed.The food is delicious but the menu needs to be expanded. The service staff were very attentive but seemed quite tense and nervous when you talk to them. Maybe it is because some of them are trainees.
Here are things to look out for though: the island is 3 HOURS away from the airport so you have to incorporate the travel time to your schedule. The resort is the only thing in the island so you will have to take all your meals there, they offer an all inclusive package with unlimited drinks and the food is very good but quite expensive. Bring a bug repellant as there are mosquitos early in the morning and late in the afternoon. Entertainment is corny but tolerable. The tub and the shower room faces a walkway and other cottages with CLEAR GLASS as partition, so you can be seen from the outside. I had to request for a curtain as cover or I would not be able to take a shower. The refrigerator inside the room was not cold and despite my requests to have it fixed, nothing happened. As earlier mentioned the food was good but the cocktails were terrible, the bartender needs training baaaaad.
Overall, I really enjoyed my stay but would like to suggest the following:
Update music selection, most of the music I heard during my stay were from the 70s I think. If you are going to have dancing as entertainment, then at least show truly Filipino folk dances and not the hula or latin american choices.
I was so impressed with Maria Catral, the GM of the resort. She was very gracious and efficient and she knew all the guests' names. WOW!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Badian Island Wellness Resort is a luxurious and therapeutic brand of reclusive open-air relaxation is internationally recognized for the past 30 years. The luxury resort uniquely offers Thalasso or ionized seawater outdoor pools that can ultimately heal and revitalize the body. Today, the upscale resort focuses on sharing the gift of holistic well-being by introducing natural spa treatments, yoga exercises, and organic eating and drinking lifestyle. The exclusive resort offers first-class room accommodations, Wi-Fi Internet access, international cuisines, fine dining entertainment, exciting excursions, yacht cruising, scuba diving, and fun beach activities. Earning itself as one of the premier tourist resort destinations in the world, Badian Island Resort and Spa vows to carry on that legacy for more decades to come. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Badian Island Wellness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Badian Island Hotel Badian Island
- Badian Island Resort
- Badian Island Wellness Resort Cebu Island, Philippines