“GREAT RETREAT”
other travellers have booked this property
Night shot of house- Look at those stars!
Main Deck- 600 feet from the ocean with great oceanview and sunsets The sunsets are magnificent there at the house- they rival Arizona!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Main Deck- 600 feet from the ocean with great oceanview and sunsets
The sunsets are magnificent there at the house- they rival Arizona!
kayaks and boogie boards, in closet on  first floor/great snorkeling 2 minutes from house
My favorite room in the house- airy and breezy and candilibered ceilings
TV area with netflix, dvds,
Kitchen lava bar
View from 600 plus foot deck
House six hundred feet from the ocean
Family room and kitchen
Kitchen has dishwasher plus oceanview
refrigerator and microwave and electric stove
Another TV area shot
Upstairs Master Bedroom/ King bed in there now
Newer photo of upper blue ocean master
View from family room into master
Upstairs Master Bathroom
Upstairs Master Bathroom
Upstairs Second Bedroom/ new queen bed in there a Certa!
Newer photo of upper second bedroom
Upstairs 2nd Bathroom- the fish bathroom
Lower master with bamboo canopy bed
Another shot of lower master
Another view of lower master
Downstairs Bathroom
Another view from the deck
Another deck view from 600 foot deck
Futon is now in lower master and bunkbeds are here
Gameroom  with a  ping pong table, small pool table and air hockey , bar and  ocean toy closet
Queen bed in gameroom/washer and dryer is also here
Queen bed in gameroom
A Two minute walk  from the house there's this wonderful swimming and snorkeling hole
Snorkeling hole and Papa bay where the whales frolic in the winter time
Milolii beach park- this area is down in the village where there are tidepools and a hike to beach
Milolii beach park- drive down Milolii Road to the town and there you hike into Honomolino Beach
Another view of house
Nearby Honomolino Beach- drive into Milolii, park at the community center, hike in 15 minutes to  very private beach...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Cardiff
“GREAT RETREAT”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Thanks Cheryl for making our time at the Aloha Beach House so much fun. I loved the house especially all the improvements you had made to the home (since our first visit), in particular the downstairs game room and bedroom. My nephew and I loved taking your kayaks a couple of miles north to a large rock we called Pinnacle Point and then just drifting back. Please thank Lynn for all her help while we were there.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Deck and view from upper level
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
30 Jul 2014
Thank you for your great review! Please come again!
CA
Reviewed 6 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
6 May 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review- I really appreciate that. Please come again! This place isn't for everyone as shopping and partying are not close by. House is in a quiet community which is 25 minutes from the nearest supermarket but the oceanview is great. Also, its on an old lava flow so there isn't the lushness of other areas so folliage is minimal. Again thank you for your great review- I love renting to people who love this house as I do!
cliffy31
Tennessee
“house is absolutely great. location is a problem.”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

first of all, i have to do this review in 2 parts. I will address the house itself and then the location.
so, the house was great. beautiful wrap around deck, quiet neighborhood, good view of the ocean. everything was spotless clean. nice bathrooms, good beds, plenty of fans. kitchen is stocked with everything you need for eating in. plenty of pots, pans, plates, etc. nice deck furniture. everything you need for the beach like kayaks, coolers, boogie boards, beach towels and mats. a nice washer and dryer. the only thing i found lacking with the house was the gas grill. it leaves a little to be desired.
my problem is the location. know up front, the advertised "2 minute walk to the ocean" doesn't mean there is a beach when you get there. the shore line is nothing but huge lava rocks. did I mention HUGE lava rocks? the surge was terribly strong. we didn't see a safe way to get in anywhere. next, no matter what you read it is an hour and 15 minute drive to get to Kona, at a minimum. traffic can be really really bad. it is 2 lane, really curvy most of the way. after you turn off of hwy 11 you have 3 miles before you get to the subdivision. it takes about 12 minutes to drive the 3 miles. it is literally one hair pin turn after another. if you are coming in at night you need to be really careful. the drop offs are enormous if you miss a curve. the house sits in a subdivision that is located right in the middle of a lava flow. there is no grass. it is all rock.
house rules - you have to wash your dishes before you leave (not a problem) and you have to take off your trash. The trash is where we hit the problem. We were told that we could drop the trash off at a collection center that is on hwy 11 on our way in to Kona. so we loaded it in the car - pretty stinky, we had some fish. We drove the 15 or so miles, only to discover that the collection center is only open on certain days. This wasn't one of those days. so now we had a reeking car full of trash and no where to put it. Just a word of caution.
Many of the beaches require a 4 WD to reach. the one closest to the house appears to be a local hang and did not look safe to us. We tried the next one down (35 minutes away) and it was full of drunks at 10 am on a wednesday morning. The next one (40 minutes away) was tiny with no place to park and almost no sand. prepare to go to Kona or better yet north of kona to get a decent, safe beach. You also have to watch the volcano fog (VOG). it blew in everyday around 1 pm and hazed up the whole area. we had to go north of Kona to get away from it.
The house is really nice, but to be honest the drive is just too far.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
12 Apr 2014
Thanks for renting the Aloha Beach House Krystee! I am glad you appreciated how beautiful the house is. I love it! I will check with Lynn on the gas grill- you didn't say what was wrong but I will follow up on it. I haven't had any complaints before about it. It is a two minute walk to the ocean but you cross a little bridge to go down some lava rock stairs to get into the ocean. So sorry the ocean wasn't calm- I love going in there swimming and snorkeling. I guess I can't control the weather in Hawaii. The best beach and closest beach is Honomolino but you have to drive into the village, park and then hike into Honomolino Beach which is a 15 minute hike. I love the drive from Kona to this house- I find it peaceful compared to driving in san Diego and Los Angeles. This house is not for everyone- it is not for people who want to shop everyday or go nightclubbing. We get lots of family reunions there. In fact there is a family reunion there right now. The trash is located in the village of Milolii - it isn't up there on highway 11 - its only 3 minutes from the house in town. As you come out of the subdivision you take a right on Milolii road and its two minutes down there on the right side. i will hjave lynn put directions on the fridge to it as it sounds like the directions you got were erroneous. It is only an hour drive to Kona - I have times it but it is one hour and ten minutes to the airport. again this is a hidden treasure but you do not need four wheel drive to access the house or the swimming area. I love the panramic view of the ocean coming down the hill. I always think maybe we should have bought up there because of the view but I like to walk around the neighbourhoods around the house and I just love the Aloha Beach house itseld. You are right - tis isn't lush there but I find the black rock next to the blue ocean beautiful. Sorry your trip wasn't perfect but again thanks for renting the Aloha Beach House! I hope you took the kayaks to a different location to use them; I bought the kayak carrier especiallly for you guys so sorry the ocean wasn't calm enough to use it and the kayaks.
VA
Reviewed 6 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014

A romantic getaway
6 Feb 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review! So glad you would absolutely stay here again! I guess I enjoy the drive down to Milolii as there is a panoramic ocean view - I never get tired of it but its true you cant see the view after dark. Its an easy place to find even after dark compared to navigating L.A. Road is well paved but you wouldn't want to race car drive it down as it is curvy. Many people come in at night due to the Kona flight schedule and find the place easily unless they've been drinking!
California
Reviewed 9 January 2014 for a stay in April 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
9 Jan 2014
Thank you Lori for staying at our house. We hope you come back and appreciate the care you took of our property. This is our gem too. It was a pleasure dealing with you!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing