“Great traditional food”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We have passed by the Hinderton Arms many times, after a long walk and feeling hungry we decided to give it a try. The staff were exceedingly friendly the menu had a good choice of traditional food which was very reasonably priced but more importantly excellent as a bonus the cask ale was superb! We have no hesitation in recommending the Hinderton Arms both for the food and the great quality real ale! Without doubt we will not be passing the Hinderton Arms again without calling in! A big thank you to the very friendly and engaging staff good food and drink without the service doesn’t bring people back!

Thomas S, Manager at Hinderton Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your food, ale, and service at The Hinderton Arms. Our team always aims to give the best service it can and it's lovely to hear that people have enjoyed their visit to our pub. We hope to welcome you and your family back again very soon.

Freyja - Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

we stopped for a family meal, food was ok but wasn’t anything special, i had the Luxury Lasagne which was certainly no luxury, full of grizzly bits was just like any cheap microwave lasagne. staff where prompt and pleasant

Dear s m,

thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor, we are glad you found the service prompt and Pleasant, I will look into the gristle in the lasagne and report it to the supplier. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Freyja- Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Food was avarage, nothing amazing. My husband ordered calamari starter which was 3 calamari rings and a little tiny salad. My prawn cocktail was nice. I had three meat roast. Standard pub food really, beef was very well don, carrots were in big fat slices and unpeeled. My daughter had chicken burger which was nice and my husband had mixed grill. Was ok but not the best he’s had. Service though was very good and quick. We were mostly served by a gentleman called Dean who was very courteous and friendly

Dear Jonesmold,

Thank you for reviewing us on trip advisor, we are glad you enjoyed the level of service you received from Dean and the team. We have passed your kind comments on to him and hope to see you again soon.

Freyja - Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Wide selection of food at reasonable prices served by friendly staff. Quality of the food Ok but nothing exceptional

Thomas S, General Manager at Hinderton Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi RoaminRev,

Thank you for leaving a lovely review of the pub and thank you for your feedback on the menu. We are part of a large company network and do have to deliver to the company standards. That being said at the end of April we are changing some of our menu and improving on some of our current dishes as well as introducing some new ones. Hopefully you can give us a try in the future and see some differences.

Many Thanks

Tom

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Staff really pleasent even saw the joke when I said I didn't like the food, my plate gave me away. It was clean. Steak was done to perfection. I like mine with no pink. Will go back again.

Thomas S, General Manager at Hinderton Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi Kazza999,

Many thanks for leaving a great review of the Hinderton. I’m very glad you enjoyed your visit with us and the quality of the food, I will pass this onto the team. We will look forward to seeing you again very shortly.

Many Thanks