“Finally found true quality”
Review of Delphi Resort

Delphi Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Leenane
Reviewed 15 May 2010

Delphi is a great place, we loved it. Our room was perfect huge with great views. We loved the food and had 2 great walks. The staff were so great, friendly efficent, and totally caring. We cant recommend highly enough. Thank you to all.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 May 2010

The hotel is nice and the location is beautiful but I found their website misleading. I would not call the hotel luxurious. The room we had was TINY as was the bathroom. I really don't think bath products were organic but they do smell good. No separate bath or robes and the bed was VERY small, a double I guess. It was very clean though. The food was GREAT but I was served room temp white wine and had to request ice cubes! I also think the coffee at breakfast is instant but there was no problem accomadating my request for an americano from behind the bar. Hotel very busy with 3 large and noisy hen parties as well , which was not what we expected. Overall it was nice especially if you enjoy the outdoors. The kayaking was fun too, but might be annoying if you are already an experienced kayaker. If you want a relxing spot for outdoor adventure delphi is nice but I thought the accomodation was a bit of a let down. Also no swimming pool or room service.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2010

I can honestly say the setting for Delphi Mountain Resort & Spa is stunning. We have just
spent a weekend in this great hotel, where you can have a weekend of pampering in the spa, a full on adventure or simply combine both which is what we did. The hotel is surrounded by mountains, so the view from our very comfortable bedroom first thing in the morning was spectacular. Following a trip to Louisburgh on Saturday afternoon, we returned to the hotel and had a great walk through the woods behind, followed by a beer on their terrace in the sunshine. Dinner was definitely one of the highlights of the weekend, a simply delicious menu.
I will and I have already recommended this hotel for a great getaway weekend, whether it be with a few friends or as a couple, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Myra/Dublin

Reviewed 22 April 2010

myself and four of my friends have just come back from an amazing weekend in Delphi. We had a few drinks in the bar when we arrived then retired to our incredibly comfy beds to get a good nights sleep, the rooms are so quiet , the only noise to be heard is the signing of the birds in the morning. We're not the sporty kind but managed 2 hours of Kyaking on Saturday morning, we were really lucky to have a beautiful sunny day and we got to see Killary Fjord in all her glory. Our instructor AJ was lovely and very knowledgeable about the local history and geology. In the afternoon we headed off to Lousiburgh for a gorgeous lunch followed by a walk on Cross beach , its truly spectacular and worth the 20 min or so drive from Delphi. We ate in the restaurant in Delphi on the Saturday night and I have to say my steak was one of the best I have ever had! There really is nothing like a nice meal and wine with friends after a day in the sun!
The staff in Delphi are incredible, I travel a lot in Ireland and I have to say I think they are the friendliest I've come across. I'll definitely be back and will do the high ropes and zip wire next time. I cant wait!

Reviewed 21 April 2010

Travelled to Delphi at last minute as flights abroad cancelled. Well it's hard to beat Ireland when sun shines from dawn to dusk in the beautiful surroundings of the Delphi resort. Our cosy room was quite spacious with magnificent views.
Dinner was excellent included in our package as was the breakfast which was the usual buffet fare. The high cost of dinner at €50 meant we ate out the second night. Evening was chilly pity no fire lighting to create a better atmosphere.
Spa was good and massage excellent. We weren't told at desk that we could do outdoor activities we thought they were just for the school centre.Only saw that when we got home. However we thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and the area in glorious sunshine,so quiet it's amazing.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leenane
4.4 km away
32.5 km away
Ashford Castle
Ashford Castle
#1 of 3 in Cong

Been to Delphi Resort? Share your experiences!