“Spacious comfortable room, delicious food.”
Review of Vaughan Lodge

Vaughan Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lahinch
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on 18 August, 2017. We were delighted with every aspect of Vaughan Lodge. In particular, our dinner was delicious. The taste, presentation and service were all excellent. We particularly enjoyed the amuse bouches and palate cleansing carrot (!) sorbet.
We had room service breakfast, the order was executed totally accurately, not common in our experience. Even less common, the toast was served in a toast rack and, therefore was crisp. So many hotels wrap it in a napkin and thus reduce it to a soggy mess.
Thank you, Michael Vaughan and staff for a lovely experience.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eleanor M
There are newer reviews for Vaughan Lodge

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Great location for golf and nice area of pubs and restaurants but definitely not something I'd consider a particularly high end establishment. Experience is jaded by allergies that flared up in rooms that were quite musty. Staff was accommodating when I asked to switch rooms after first night but unfortunately the must/mold really was a hinderance the whole stay.

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank amolnaik
mavaughan, Owner at Vaughan Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

I am sorry that your allergies flared when you stayed with us.
The description you offer is certainly one that concerns me quite a lot.
Our hotel is just 12 years old, built with the finest materials and musty and mouldy is not a descriptor that has ever been given before. We have had over 6000 people stay with us and never has any guest mentioned must or mould as an issue.
The hotel has been inspected by both the National Hotel Grading Authority and the Automoibile Association Hotel Inspector recently and we would have had mention of such an odour.

I am unaware of the room/s that you mention so perhaps you might message me at info@vaughanlodge.ie so that I can resolve the issue.
As a fourth generation hotelier I am very concerned that anyone should not have a good night's sleep at what is essentially an extension of my home.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I found lahinch itself a bit shabby and run down, but the hotel itself was fine. Stayed there for one night - friendly staff and clean rooms and perfectly close to town. Plenty of parking. We didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review.
I am not in apposition to alter the appearance of the village, but I do try very hard to provide a quality hotel for guests who stay.
I am sorry you opted not to have breakfast - it is a great part of the stay at Vaughan Lodge and I personally cook every breakfast we serve each morning I am at the hotel.
Perhaps we might see you back for the full experience sometime

Michael

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We had such a pleasant stay. The rooms were spacious and nicely appointed. The restaurant was beyond compare. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The hotel was within walking distance to Lahinch. Highly recommend

Stayed: May 2017
mavaughan, Owner at Vaughan Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you so much for the kind words, especially following our Swiss Guests negative experience. And gentle reader, This is a very genuine reviewer and we appreciate the sentiment contained in the review.
You cannot imagine how deflated we feel when a guest decides that we are so poor in quality and service that they post a negative review. After dusting ourselves down and making doubly sure we are in the right business and ready to serve to the best of our ability it is very encouraging to see we are doing some things right!!

All the Team

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

This is an OK motel which offers all comforts and a reasonable breakfast. It is located on a small hill relatively far back from the ocean, so it does not have a nice view. We found the very high rating on tripadvisor rather surprising, since the hotel is rather average and unremarkable.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 449marcella
mavaughan, Owner at Vaughan Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Hello Marcella
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry you did not find our hotel was to the standard that other reviewers experienced. It looks like you were looking for an ocean front hotel - which we are not.
Since you did not experience our Restaurant or Bar or have any interaction with our team except for check in and check out - we had not much opportunity to know you at all.

Of course we are not a Motel - we have a lovely lounge and bar, and restaurant and you cannot drive up to the door of your bedroom as is necessary in a motel.
Our Automobile Association grading places the hotel as a 4 star property with a rating of 86%. The average in Ireland in this category is 80%.
We have also a 2 Rosette restaurant which is again in the higher percentage.

I never got to meet you during your two days here which is very unusual - that was such a pity as we could probably have changed your opinion if we had the chance to chat with you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahinch
0.4 km away
0.4 km away
Atlantic Hotel
Atlantic Hotel
#3 of 5 in Lahinch

Been to Vaughan Lodge? Share your experiences!