“Food was terrible” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Inn at Dromoland
Dublin, Ireland
“Food was terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Hotel room was clean but dated :(
Food for breakfast and Bar food has to be the worst i have ever had i would not stay here again unless they sacked all there kitchen staff breakfast room staff were room my friend asked for two eggs and was told no only aloud one now after paying dear enough for the breakfast to be told no was very annoying.

Room Tip: Room ok but food terrible so no point really booking
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jillian G
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Dear Jillian G,

Firstly may I take the time to thank you for posting your review of your recent stay with us here at the Clare Inn Hotel.

I can only apologise for the level of service you received while you were here and please let me assure you that this is not typical of the product or service we offer here at the Clare Inn Hotel.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you further regarding your stay and would appreciate if you could contact me by emailing claire.coughlan@clareinnhotel.ie

Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Stayed there with family, food was excellent, staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the only fault I would have is there was no air con in the room we stayed in.... Had to use the window at night, extremely kids friendly hotel too... Defo a must

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank DonShark
Dear DonShark,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of your stay with us at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay. I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Sligo, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

I stayed for one night only. Room was unbelievably awful. Curtains were hanging off the window - some of the hooks had fallen off and not fixed again. The 'throw' on the bed was a sorry sight - it was ripped at the edges and wadding all hanging out - it was ready for the bin a long time ago! I plugged in the kettle - the socket was obviously not working. I pulled out the plug and the whole socket nearly came off the wall - dangerous! I had to search for another plug and got one, but had to unplug a lamp and sit kettle on the floor - not convenient.
The bathroom.... well maybe best not go there.... ancient, grubby, yeuch! The ancient radiator had been 'patched' at a corner with some gunk,very badly, a long time ago and had been painted over. There was a large patch on carpet that looked wet - I didn't touch it, so maybe it was a stain. There are pipes along the walls - looks awful. I am glad I booked for one night only and opted for no breakfast - god knows what the kitchen would be like.... The staff were ok and I think were trying to look bright and breezy, but it didn't quite come off. This place needs to be completely renovated, but in this climate that won't happen. Don't book - even if you only want the basic comforts, as a pit stop.

Room Tip: I don't think there will be any good rooms!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Granuelle
Dear Granuelle,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Clare Inn Hotel. It is with both disappointment and dismay that I am reading your review and can I take the opportunity to apologise for the product you received while you were here with us.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you further regarding your stay and would be greatful if you could contact me by email on claire.coughlan@clareinnhotel.ie

Shannon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

My sister and I and our 4 children would llike to say a very big thank you to Captain Jack and his team. We thoroughly enjoyed the childrens entertainment on Sunday night the 30th of October. I had been previously with my two and had a great night. Our 4 children on this occasion came out of the show totally happy and nicely exhausted from all the dancing and were delighted to have meet Tigger. They are asking when they can return. First class entertainment, children are aged 8,6 and 5 amd are already making plans amongst themselves for a return visit. Well done Captain Jack looking forward to returning to see your show again some time soon.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Dear ec08,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of your trip to the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to see that both yourselves and your kids enjoyed the Captain Jack Show. We pride ourselves on being able to offer the best activities and entertainment to all the kids that stay here and we feel the Captain Jack Show is up there with the best!!

Hopefully we will see you back over the Christmas.

Monaghan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

Myself and my partner stayed here on the October bank holiday, and absolutley loved it! I would recommend it completely!! Rooms were clean and comfy, an upgrade of the televisions would be nice to see but apart from that, fantastic rooms! The journey to ours was very tiring though - even with the lift!! Bar food was great, and the restaurant food was fantastic! Reception staff were fantastic - very helpful. 2 young men in the Restaurant were so busy (due to the bank holiday) but were brilliant, attended to all our needs - no questions asked! Although one older lady in the restaurant was unbelievably rude and put a dampner on our meal - we overlooked it and enjoyed the craic in the bar!! Definetely return!! Well worth the money!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view - fantastic to wake up to!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ciara O
Dear Ciara O,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us at the Clare Inn Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have noted your comment regarding the lady in the restaurant and this has been passed on to the restaurant manager and will be dealt with accordingly.

I hope you will return to the Clare Inn Hotel in the future.

Sales & Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket-on-Fergus
0.9 km away
12.5 km away
Bunratty Manor Hotel
Bunratty Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bunratty

Been to The Inn at Dromoland? Share your experiences!