Dromoland Castle Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
USD 121
USD 95
USD 129
USD 103
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 119/night.

USD 91
USD 83
Knocknagow B&B(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
Hunter's Lodge(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
Fergus Lodge(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
Cahergal Farmhouse(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,801 results
All reviewsgolf coursehawk walkwalled gardenfelt like royaltybeautiful groundsdream come truefig treefalconry experiencecocktail barclay shootinghorseback ridinggolf clubour honeymoonpony and traponce in a lifetimedrawing roomstayed longer
Reviewed 9 January 2011

From the beginning till the end the whole experience was truly amazing. I wish I could have stayed longer, I hated leaving. The staff were really friendly, warm and chatty they made me feel very relaxed. I am from a very working class background, so I was slightly expecting them to be patronsing and snobby in such a nice hotel. The staff were completely the opposite and genuinely interested in me as a person and my needs. The castle itself is beautiful, it felt like we had gone back in time. You can feel a really magical atmosphere there. The room was beautiful with an antique style but with modern ameneties. The bed was huge! The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. All the small touches like the cards that are left on your bed with little quotes and chocolates made us feel very special. The food was top class, quite pricey but I have nothing bad to say about the food at all. We did not stay for long so we didn't get to see everything and try everything, but hopefully in the future we would love to return and stay for longer. I would definatley reccomend this place for a romantic break. Especially if you want romance or to bring the spark back into your relationship. The only bad thing I can say is that our room was a little cold, but when we rang reception they sent 2 people to our room to sort it out. I hope one day we will return, it was like a dream come true.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I felt like I belonged there...we were welcomed warmly and treated in a royal manner.
There was a respect for the milieux...a presence of god and beauty.

The date was November 2007...I couldn't get the date of stay box to work.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2010

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. We had booked a deluxe room and received a complimentary upgrade to a stateroom, the room was beautiful, the bathroom was fine, could use a re-vamp to a more luxurious finish. The Hotel had left a small box of chocolates and a card to congratulate us on our anniversary which was a nice touch. Breakfast was lovely lots of choice both of continental buffet and hot a la carte options. The Earl of Thomond restaurant was fabulous plenty of choice and carries an extensive wine list. The gallery and drawing room offer casual dinning options for both lunch and dinner aswell as elevenses or afternoon tea. Unfortunately the gallery fire place was extremely smokey which my husband and I found hard on my nose and throat and more than a little nauseating. I don't know if that's a regular occurance or if we were just unlucky, it was exceptionally cold weather during our stay. The grounds around the castle are fabulous and very extensive and there was a lot of native wildlife to see in the woodlands and undergrowth. The golf course was closed due to the freezing conditions so I can't comment. I did get a hot stone massage which I thoroughly enjoyed the spa is very pleasant. We didn't use the leisure center its located in the golf club house and we felt that the weather was too cold. The staff were helpful and attentive, particularly in the reception and the drawing room and gallery. Overall a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank curly-blue
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Beautiful grounds, gardens and buidings but very expensive and pretentious. You cannot get a cup of coffee without the entirel 55 Euro breakfast. Nice if that is your lifestyle.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian35235
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Exceptional castle experience without the hefty bill one would expect.
The service was impeccable and courteous. The accommodations were elegant without being stuffy.
I will stay at Dromoland again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business