The Inn at Dromoland(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
Free cancellation until 25/07
USD 115
Free cancellation until 28/07
USD 202
USD 173
Hotels.com
Shannon Springs Hotel(Shannon)(Great Value!)
USD 95
Travelocity
USD 83
USD 74
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 128/night.

USD 220
USD 121
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 151/night.

Cahergal Farmhouse(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
3,831 results
All reviewsgolf coursehawk walkwalled gardenfelt like royaltybeautiful groundsdream come truehigh teafalconry experiencefig treecocktail barclay shootinghorseback ridinggolf clubour honeymoononce in a lifetimepony and trapdrawing room
Reviewed 8 December 2010

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. We had booked a deluxe room and received a complimentary upgrade to a stateroom, the room was beautiful, the bathroom was fine, could use a re-vamp to a more luxurious finish. The Hotel had left a small box of chocolates and a card to congratulate us on our anniversary which was a nice touch. Breakfast was lovely lots of choice both of continental buffet and hot a la carte options. The Earl of Thomond restaurant was fabulous plenty of choice and carries an extensive wine list. The gallery and drawing room offer casual dinning options for both lunch and dinner aswell as elevenses or afternoon tea. Unfortunately the gallery fire place was extremely smokey which my husband and I found hard on my nose and throat and more than a little nauseating. I don't know if that's a regular occurance or if we were just unlucky, it was exceptionally cold weather during our stay. The grounds around the castle are fabulous and very extensive and there was a lot of native wildlife to see in the woodlands and undergrowth. The golf course was closed due to the freezing conditions so I can't comment. I did get a hot stone massage which I thoroughly enjoyed the spa is very pleasant. We didn't use the leisure center its located in the golf club house and we felt that the weather was too cold. The staff were helpful and attentive, particularly in the reception and the drawing room and gallery. Overall a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank curly-blue
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Beautiful grounds, gardens and buidings but very expensive and pretentious. You cannot get a cup of coffee without the entirel 55 Euro breakfast. Nice if that is your lifestyle.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian35235
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Exceptional castle experience without the hefty bill one would expect.
The service was impeccable and courteous. The accommodations were elegant without being stuffy.
I will stay at Dromoland again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Celtic_Traveler-M
Reviewed 29 November 2010

We got married here in 2007. As a wedding venue the food was excellent, the service was amazing & overall I can only give it 100%. Nov 2010-Staying with our 2.5yr old daughter was a different experience but equally brilliant. For kids: ducks in the pond to feed, lovely walks & plenty of space to play outside in Summer & swimming pool. Children's menu available & dining until 11pm in the Gallery, which is super elegant & atmospheric yet not the main dining room so everyone feels comfortable. Staff are truly amazing & know how to combine service & friendliness perfectly. Rooms & Bathrooms are spacious. We like Deluxe & state rooms. Queen Anne decor is v.flowery. No CD or DVD player in room. Room service is prompt. Hair salon & spa are in the main castle. Swimming pool & gym are in the club house a short walk away. Swimming pool is warm & nice, but the changing facilities & lockers are tiny You need €1 to lock the locker. Other thing to note is that the walk from the club house to the hotel is quite dark on winter evenings. Overall this hotel is definitely worth staying in, the experience, rooms , food, staff are all just wonderful. It is out on it's own, no town really nearby but you have everthing you need on site, with plenty of dining options, as they also serve food at the club house. It is also a good base for visiting Bunratty, going to Co. Clare Ailwee Caves & the Cliffs of Moher or a day trip to Galway. Lots to do if you wanted to stay for more than 1-2 nights. You definitely leave this hotel wanting to come back again! Highly Recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank AnnPLouise
Reviewed 5 November 2010

Although we were not blessed by good weather, we were very fortunate to be upgraded on arrival, with a warm welcome, excellent staff (most of whom were of long standing which is always a good sign), great range of options for things to do, management could not be more attentive and accommodating, my partner had a massage in the Spa which he said was an "11 out of 10(!)" and I had my hair blow dried in the Salon by a lovely stylist - and all our fellow guests seemed to be enjoying their stays too. The grounds are breathtaking - the Ducks especially seemed to love the rain! Golf facilities were very tempting and I would like to say a sincere thank you to all at Dromoland Castle. Unfortunately our break had to be cut short, but I very much look forward to visiting again next year.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple