3,909 results
All reviewsgolf coursehawk walkwalled gardenbeautiful groundsfelt like royaltydream come truefig treefalconry experiencecocktail barclay shootinghorseback ridinggolf clubthe main dining roomonce in a lifetimeour honeymoondrawing roompony and trap
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Been coming to dromoland all my life twice a year and I’m sure I’ll keep on doing so. Everyone has always been helpful and polite. Looking forward to coming back in March 2018 and we are also aiming to get married there.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mark_Nolan_GM, General Manager at Dromoland Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear HARRYGRAY95

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. It is always such a pleasure to welcome you back to Dromoland. We look forward to seeing you in March and hopefully working with you on your upcoming nuptials.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

I really enjoyed my stay. Everything was at my fingertips. There was no need to go off property. There is plenty to do. I enjoy the history Steven the carriage driver shared as we ventured around the grounds. The staff are outstanding.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mark_Nolan_GM, General Manager at Dromoland Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Debsalee

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Dromoland Castle. I will be sure to share your kind comments with all of the team. Stephen will be thrilled he got a special mention!

I hope you would consider a return visit to us if traveling in the area again, we would all be so pleased to welcome you back.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

3 Days of bliss.From the time we arrived until the time we left, all staff were courteous and attentive in every detail.Even if was just to say hello as we passed.Customer service at its best.Well done all

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear 447ark123

Thank you for your wonderful review and feedback which I was so pleased to read.

The team here at Dromoland are continuously striving to provide warm and attentive service to our guests so they are thrilled to hear that you appreciated it so much. Many thanks again for the most encouraging feedback.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

My third stay at Dromoland did not disappoint...it never does. From the minute of arrival to the moment of departure -- everyone was funny, professional, and charming to be around. At any price, worth every penny! I was sad to go. For anyone arriving or departing from Shannon, it is only a 10 minute drive. A must do if luxury is your preference.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank BuckyCharms

Dear BuckyCharms

Thank you for your wonderful comments, it is always such a pleasure to welcome back our regular guests. We all look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

I must write this review in order to let people know what can go wrong in a five star hotel. We arrived at the beginning of our 3 day stay and the welcome was superb. Porters all over the place a willingness to make us welcome.
When brought to our room, we discovered that we had two single beds. When asking for a double we were told that there were none left. The room itself was disappointing – nothing to discriminate it from a good four star hotel – in fact Harvey’s Point is far superior. That evening we dined in the Fig Tree restaurant which we found quite good.
The following morning we went down for breakfast. There was an excellent selection of fruits, cold meat and cereals. After sitting down to breakfast I asked for Eggs Benedict only to be told by the Head Waiter that it wasn’t on the menu so I couldn’t have it. This is one of Ireland’s best five star hotels! After some discussion the Head Waiter – whose name I recall was Tony – said that he would have it on the next day. Tony was most gracious and helpful.
That evening we dined in the Earl of Thomond Restaurant which was a complete disaster. On sitting down we ordered two Martinis. We were given the menus at the same time. The waiter came back some time later for our food and wine order and we pointed out that our Martinis had not arrived. He took our order and said the drinks would arrive immediately. However, five minutes later our starter arrived! A bit put, out I said we had yet got both our aperitives. Sincerest apologies followed, but no offer to take our starters back. The other drink appeared soon afterwards – but no sign of the wine. I again waved my hand and explained the situation. Sincere apologies again and the wine arrived five minutes later.
The dinner was so nondescript that I cannot remember what I ate – only one month later.
Wait, there is more! On receiving the bill I noticed that the Service Charge(15%) was high and asked to see the Head Waiter. Who arrived, but the hapless Tony. I explained the situation and Tony said that the service charge did not include VAT. I find this is a complete rip-off. After more discussion Tony, without prompting, deducted the Service Charge and the aperitives from the bill.
The following morning we arrived down to breakfast only to meet Tony again(he must work 24/7)
He served my Eggs Benedict as promised. Unfortunately the Hollandaise had split and the eggs were hard! I hadn’t got the heart to complain to Tony. I didn’t go for Breakfast on day 3.
Overall a below average stay at a Castle supposedy one of the best in Ireland.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John P

Dear John P

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit. I am very sorry that your dining experience both at dinner and breakfast was not our usual five star standard, I will certainly discuss your comments with the team. I hope that we have the opportunity to restore your faith in Dromoland Castle in the future.