5 people are viewing this hotel
Offical SiteUSD 775
Preferred HotelsUSD 774
Agoda.comUSD 1,038
4,721 results
All reviews walled garden hawk walk golf course cocktail bar felt like royalty beautiful grounds falconry experience dream come true fig tree clay shooting once in a lifetime golf club our honeymoon pony and trap stayed longer wonderful stay shannon airport
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2016

I gasped as the iron gate opened and we entered the pristine lush grounds, as we made our way up the road, there it was...a real castle - almost burst into tears.
It was a magical place (not like Disney) this was the real deal.
There really are no words that can truly describe this castle unless you experience it yourself. The service from the staff was top notch, the food was excellent, the grounds are magical and our room (even though it was standard) was beautiful and unique. Just one side note: The water pressure in the shower was super strong...not sure why! Although it's serene and not a lot in the immediate area, there are lots of activities from falcons, food, spa. On my list to return again.

Date of stay: October 2015
Mark_Nolan_GM, General Manager at Dromoland Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2016

Dear Stacey P

I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us at Dromoland Castle, thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am really pleased that you will return to us for a future stay, we all look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

For our daughter's 8th birthday her grandparents gave her (and our family) a night in a real castle. We couldn't have asked for a better place. We were upgraded rooms at check to a huge family suite. The children were given bears, coloring books, and bread to feed the ducks. We explored our fabulous room and headed right to the indoor pool. We had to take a shuttle van to the pool, it is located in the club house. The water was warm and so clean. Upon arrival back to our room their was cookies with our children's names and milk! A great stay! The breakfast the next morning was delicious. Thanks for making our daughter feel like a real princess!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Mark_Nolan_GM, General Manager at Dromoland Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

Dear Julie S

Thank you for choosing Dromoland for your special occasion, we were delighted to welcome you all. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and that your daughter enjoyed her 8th birthday celebration. We hope to see her back for every birthday!

Reviewed 24 February 2016

From the room to the restaurants Everthing was perfect. If you have a chance, hire a golf cart to explore the expansive grounds. Alittle pricy for activities like skeet shooting or seeing the hawks. ........................

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear 810Michigan

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Dromoland Castle, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I hope we have the pleasure of your company again for a future stay, we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

Well to sum it up, it was one of the best experiences of my life, along with my girlfriend, now fiancé. We spent two nights there and had activities reserved for the middle day. We had a spa in the morning, couples massage, which was delightful. Followed by a falconry tour with Michael. Michael was phenomenal and really gave us the full experience. He also assisted with my proposal to my girlfriend, and it couldn't have gone any better. We then had a pony and trap ride with Sean. If I could sum him up, it would not be fair because he was brilliant. He was like no other tour guide I have seen. With his knowledge, humor, storytelling, etc. he made the tour a once in a lifetime experience. We then finished the day with dinner at the Earl of Thomond. The only way to describe our time there, was Magical. A true fairytale experience. There is so much more great things I could say, but that's for you to go and experience for yourself.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank chris_lear

Dear chris_lear

Thank you so much for choosing Dromoland for your very special occasion which I am thrilled to read, went to plan! I am delighted that your time with us will hold such special memories and hope that you visit is again the in not too distant future.

In the meantime, very best wishes to you both for your upcoming nuptials!

Reviewed 23 February 2016

Fab staff fab service fab castle activitys very costly lyrath hotel much cheaper and every bit as good if not better place to stay . Spa staff at lyrath much more friendly and a lot more helpful . Archery free in any other 5 star hotel I stayed at and a lot of things covered free as been a resident

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear paulamartinm

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry however that you feel you did not get value for money and I will certainly discuss your comments with our Spa Team.

I hope you would consider a return visit to us in the future, we would be delighted to welcome you back.