3,956 results
All reviews golf course hawk walk walled garden beautiful grounds felt like royalty dream come true fig tree falconry experience cocktail bar clay shooting horseback riding golf club the main dining room once in a lifetime our honeymoon drawing room pony and trap
Reviewed 20 March 2013

What a great experience. We recently stayed for three nights at Dromoland and had a wonderful experience from start to finish.
Right from arrival we found all of the staff to be exceptionally friendly, courteous, attentive and professional. Everything we asked for was provided instantly and all-round the service was excellent. It is obvious that the staff place a high priority on ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
The castle itself is also a wonderful place. This was our first time to stay here although we had previously stayed at the sister castle in Ashford last year. The castle has a great atmosphere and always seems to be relaxing and manages to feel homely even though it is a busy hotel. The grounds are superb although regrettably we didn’t get much opportunity to enjoy them because of the poor weather during our stay.
Food and wines are excellent (although a bit on the expensive side for these days) and the atmosphere in the informal gallery restaurant is just ideal.
The facilities in Dromoland are second to none offering a very comprehensive range I was also pleased to note the provision of free Wi-Fi which is throughout the castle including the bedrooms as so many hotels still continue to charge unjustified fees for WI-FI but it’s all free in Dromoland.
Overall it’s a great place to go for a short relaxing break to spoil yourself and your partner. Frankly I could not find fault with any aspect so I would recommend Dromoland without hesitation.
Cant wait to go back!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DublinPaddy
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Had our wedding here in February 2013. Faultless best describes the performance of all involved in ensuring our wedding day was what we had hoped and planned for. The wedding coordinator Margaret is professional and responsive and ensures you know where things stand at all points in the run up to the event. Little bits of feedback from our guests were "they brought my car to the door at 5.30am in the morning and had coffee and Danish for my trip", "I felt pampered after the weekend", "I felt like I was welcomed to a friends home". The staff are very friendly and professional and remembered some small but important details throughout the weekend. They do really treat you like one would when welcoming a guest to your home.

We also stayed here in the run up to the wedding. There is a still quietness about the place, that immediately allows you relax and leave the hussle at the entrance to the estate. It is a place we will hopefully have many more opportunities to stay in the years ahead.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We stayed at Dromoland Castle for several nights in October, 2012. The second we arrived at the gates we were greeted by staff on horseback and at least 40 dogs running next to us. Once at the castle, staff was there to welcome us on the front steps. All our outings were arranged and everything was very well organized. Love the full Irish breakfast buffet each morning. Our room was first order, clean, fresh, turned-down nightly. The ground are gorgeous and very well maintained. Staff is knowledgeable, very friendly yet professional. The chef was very friendly with a tour of the immaculate kitchens. Take a golf cart tour while you are here, visit the gardens and explore. Excellent chocolates were provided on the pillow each night. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed at Dromoland Castle for 3 nights in March 2013 on our tour of Ireland. The castle and our room was magnificent. From the manager, to the entire hotel staff they made our stay warm and relaxing after a busy day of driving and touring. The cuisine was excellent. Tony Frisby the restaurant manager and his staff were attentive made our stay and dining experience memorable which prompted us to plan our next visit to eat, relax and my husband to have the opportunity to play golf. Still dreaming about the duck confit... and venison.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We stayed at Dromoland for 3 nights in April 2012 following an ad campaign the hotel ran. It seemed like a good offer for us mere mortals to stay in this 5 star at a resonable price.
The room was lovely and the grounds were beautiful which we made the most of.
There were no tea or coffee making facilities in the room, I expect thats because 5 star guests are not expected to make their own coffee!!! We had coffee in the lounge and found there is a heafty service charge added to everything and not even a biscuit came with the tray.
We went to Shannon and bought a kettle, coffee, milk etc for the cost of having coffee twice in the bar. Maybe Im a cheapskate but I do like value for my hard earned cash and I also like a cuppa whenever I fancy.
The food in the restaurant was very nice but no less than I would expect in a good restaurant.
We did have afternoon tea. It was an expensive mistake, none of the cakes tasted yummy!!! I am a desert and cake person and I was so disappointed with the quality especially here.
I know these special offers are there to fill the hotel in the off season, mainly by us Irish, but we did feel like we were treated like budget guests. We expected more because we have had more elsewhere.
We would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple