Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Avon Ri(Blessington)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
The Glendalough Hotel(Glendalough Village)
  • Restaurant
1,116 results
All reviewsmanor houselime tree restaurantupgraded to a suiteelk bargolf resortann marielovely hotelon arrivalnext morningblessington lakesthe ground floorwedding venuethe main hoteltop classfrom start to finishbar foodlovely setting
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We loved our stay here...the supper was absolutely amazing - a truly 5 star meal, worthy of its recent culinary recognition/award...my husband loved the round of golf and I loved the scenic walk with him around the beautiful lakes area. Highly recommend the play, stay, and dine package...a great deal! The staff were over-the-top helpful and kind. We hope to stay here again on a future trip to Ireland!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank amulandfab
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear amulandfab
On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were lucky enough to win a four ball at Tulfarris so we took advantage of the hotel special offer and were very glad we did. The location although somewhat remote is spectacular, the golf course is excellent (a true test) and the hotel and food in the restaurant were fantastic. The price offered was exceptional and to top it all off the sun shone down on us it was simply heavenly.
The hotel rooms have undergone a refurb and it looks great, none of our party had any complaints at all and the service from the staff was top class. If we had the weather we certainly would never venture abroad for a golf trip again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank kruttl

Dear kruttl
Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience at Tulfarris.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've been regular visitors to Tulfarris for many years and I'm sure this is not my first review. At this stage it's like home from home for us. Yvonne and all the team there are so nice and are genuinely pleased to see returning guests. I can't praise the staff highly enough and they make every visit feel really special. The restaurant and bar food is very good and so professionally presented (the chef is obviously and artist!!). The views, particularly on a lovely sunny weekend which we were very lucky to have, are spectacular so if you're a golf fan, you'll be in heaven. It's only approximately 15 minutes outside Tallaght and yet you feel like you're in the heart of the country. An ideal spot for people looking for a nice getaway without spending half of it in the car! See you soon Tulfarris!!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pouche

Dear Pouche
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read your generous comments about the service and facilities here at the hotel and I would like to thank you on behalf of all the team here at Tulfarris.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again and that your visit then will be as memorable as this one.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for a friend's wedding for one night. Such a beautiful plan e. Gardens beautiful, great view of lakes, fantastic seating area outside, staff very polite an friendly an our room was fantastic, very clean. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay in tullfaris altogether,I will definitely be visiting again, highly recommended. Thank you

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank orlafinlay81

Dear orlafinlay81
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found everything at Tulfarris to your liking and I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with the team whom I know will be delighted! We look forward to welcoming you back to Tulfarris in the not too distant future!

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Where to start ?
We had a 1 night stay with dinner and breakfast included.
The Room.
The toilet ran continuously making noise all night, the toilet paper holder fell off the wall when I went to use it. The carpet was frayed and pulled away from the wall.
All in all, the maintenance of the room was very poor.
The service.
The service could best be described as quantity instead of quality. Evening time at the bar there were 10 to 15 customers. Behind the bar there were 4 staff and a manager, the length of time to get served was unacceptable, I've often seen a single good bar person taken care of the same amount of customers on their own. Around midnight I asked for an Irish coffee, I was told the coffee machine had been washed out for the night and they had no cream. While enjoying a lovely dinner upstairs earlier, I asked one of the waitresses if she could get a drink from the bar or should I go down and get it myself. She said "no problem" but my drink never arrived. The next morning at breakfast, it was next to impossible to get pot of coffee unless you got up from table and chased the wait staff down.
The hotel needs to hire some good quality professional staff or invest in some training to bring it's current staff up to an acceptable standard.
The one bright spot of the stay was the quality of the food we had for our dinner. It was absolutely delicious. While the service was a little on the slow side the food itself was excellent.
Obviously they have a talanted kitchen staff, but my guess is they will need to improve a lot in other areas if they are going to hold on to them.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ricky P

Dear Ricky P
Thank you for completing a review following your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to learn there were some aspects of your stay that were not up to standard. My team and I are now taking the appropriate action on the areas you have highlighted that could be improved. We do appreciate your positive comments also. It is always our aim to meet and exceed guest expectations and I do apologise certainly what you experienced isn't typical of Tulfarris.

I sincerely hope that you will give our hotel a chance to make a better, lasting impression during your next visit to Wicklow.

Yours sincerely