All reviews zip wire russborough house self catering houses blessington lakes beautiful location swimming pool hen weekend main building tennis courts home from home long weekend overlooking the lake friends wedding well worth a visit segway archery accommodation
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Wow what can i say.
Called early in the week for a bite of lunch as it was on route to the Avon ri . Was greated by a lovely girl called anna . The views from the restaurant are breathtakingly beautiful. Anna went through their new gourmet sandwich list and soups. We went for the soup and sandwich combi and chose the low gi bread with turkey and a tomato and chilli soup that was fab. We also had latte which were really good . Would highly recommend a visit and beautiful walks to the lake after .

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2017

firstly the staff are lovely, in restaurant and bar , the houses have huge bedrooms, and down stairs is ok , we paid 12 euro each child to see a santa my child came out with a 20cent note book !!!! I was not happy she was sobbing , the four kids I brought which cost 48euro either got a pencil or a note book , age from 8 and eldest been 13 , the santa was terrible bearly spoke to them , they advertised a "Carnival " there was bumper cars, a fun house and tea cups, the price was 4euro on bumpers car for litrally about 3 minutes . everything was a rip off , the pop corn the hot chocolate, nothing for the kids to do they sat around in a room like a function room, no xmas movies, no treats no nothing, I can not belive I wasted my money going there, what an awful experience , spoke to loads of parents there and everyone said the same, not happy I emailed them explaining I was not happy and not even bothered emailing me back, I wil never step foot in it again and I will be telling anyone I no exactly what it is like, they take the money quick enough I am so angry my children hated it so much , it was to be a lovely family experience to santa , and it couldn't of been worse

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank amanda M
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Myself, my husband and two children stayed for a few nights at the end November. We were greeted by receptionist shona who was friendly and welcoming. We stayed in one of the newly renovated houses and we weren’t disappointed. The paintwork was of a high standard, the stairs on the carpets were fluffy and bouncy, there were new headboards and a 42inch tv up on the wall. The deco around the house was lovely and made for a pleasant stay.
The resort was done up for Christmas, it was stunning and we loved sitting in the bar downstairs for dinner with the huge Christmas tree to look at. We went swimming with the kids and took trips into Naas and Blessington.
There was renovation going on at the site, the upstairs bar was closed and the tennis courts are being replaced with bumper cars apparently. We just missed out on the winter wonderland event taking place but will try and book it for next year as it looks amazing.
I would love to book this place for the summer next year but will keep an eye on the pricing as it was very expensive to book during last years summer and with the renovation going on I’m worried pricing will go up further however, if you can afford it, book it, the new houses are like home from home

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kelly f
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Most staff friendly but breakfast was drab and full of salt. overpriced at 11.50 for full Irish breakfast! Coffee wasnt bad. Setting over the lake is nice and greenway walk beside it is ok. Wouldnt be rushing back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank OliverDePlace
sinead f, Manager at Avon Ri Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for taking the time to share you valuable review . The experience you described are not characteristic of the level of service or standard we strive to provide.

Your feedback was shared with our team, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Three night Family trip away with hubby and two young sons and I will never return or recommend.
1. Heating broke every night. We were freezing and ended up having to make a trip to the local doctor with my son as he developed a cough and was awake each night complaining of the cold. It was fixed each day but went again around 11pm each night. When we looked for information on who to call the information book said to press "0" for reception on the phone. THERE WAS NO PHONE!!! Rang the reception on my mobile and left a voice message and no response until WE rang them again in the morning.
2. Leaking radiator in the living area. Had to leave a bath towel on the floor for the duration of the stay.
3. The last night there was 3 - 4 boys running around the house ringing the door bell and knocking on the window. My son was very afraid and so we had a sleepless night again. I rang the reception and left a voice message about the disturbances and again left a voice message later about the heat going. There was no response. I would have at least expected a call the following morning when reception opened at 9am to see were we ok or if we wanted the heating fixed to have showers etc before we left. However it was only at check out and only when I brought up the subject that I was told that yes they had got the voicemails once they got in. Sorry only came when I brought the subject up
5. I had emailed with a request for a cot for my youngest son weeks before arrival and was assured it would be availible. When we got to the house the cot was not there so I contacted the reception. I was told it would be with me within 30 minutes. We waited for it with no arrival. In the end I had to call into reception to get it myself and I was told they had forgotten!!!!
6. On check in we were given the keys and map of where the house is and that was it. No details of restaurant hours, swimming pool hours, the location of walks or parks or how to use the heating etc. I felt this was a large oversight by the resort.
7. The final straw came when in our rush to leave on the last morning (as my son was still uneasy in the house) we forgot my 1 year olds musical teddy that he brings to bed each night. I emailed the resort to see if they could locate it and that we could organise its return and I am still a month later waiting even for a response of the teddy was not found.

I was beyond disappointed in every aspect of this resort. The condition of the accommadation, customer service , the follow up even when I did make a complaint it all was very disappointing. We did receive our money back for one nights stay but between doctor appointment, medicine and buying a new teddy for my son that was well spent.

It is a place that COULD be fantastic for families but I'm afraid now it is just a DISASTER ZONE.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tsteede

Hi Tracey,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review which we hold with great importance and secondly for your custom at Avon Ri.

I truly apologise for the discomfort caused to you as a result of the lack of heating.
However, I must assure you that our maintenance team check the facilities of each house daily after which they sign off to say each appliance is working to a satisfactory standard.
We found no problem with the heating for the duration of your stay; each boiler is equipped with a timer mode to compliment the overall heating system.
The only logical explanation it appears is that your heating system was turned onto the timer which explains why it would turn off at 11pm. I understand this inconvenience, however Avon Ri is a self-catering resort.

Despite this we do apologise our resort did not met your expectations, If you would like to discuss any of these issues further I am available on 045 900 670.