“Refurbished Bar & Restaurant”
Review of Avon Ri

Avon Ri
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Blessington
Reviewed 21 January 2018

This was my first visit to the newly refurbished bar and restaurant. I was excited to see the changes and not disappointed with the decor.The pizza oven is situated just behind the bar and the pizzas are divine. Unfortunately, the service is very weak and some further training would go a long way here, I will be happy to try it out again.

Stayed: January 2018
2  Thank Anniem201590

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Wow what can i say.
Called early in the week for a bite of lunch as it was on route to the Avon ri . Was greated by a lovely girl called anna . The views from the restaurant are breathtakingly beautiful. Anna went through their new gourmet sandwich list and soups. We went for the soup and sandwich combi and chose the low gi bread with turkey and a tomato and chilli soup that was fab. We also had latte which were really good . Would highly recommend a visit and beautiful walks to the lake after .

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2017

firstly the staff are lovely, in restaurant and bar , the houses have huge bedrooms, and down stairs is ok , we paid 12 euro each child to see a santa my child came out with a 20cent note book !!!! I was not happy she was sobbing , the four kids I brought which cost 48euro either got a pencil or a note book , age from 8 and eldest been 13 , the santa was terrible bearly spoke to them , they advertised a "Carnival " there was bumper cars, a fun house and tea cups, the price was 4euro on bumpers car for litrally about 3 minutes . everything was a rip off , the pop corn the hot chocolate, nothing for the kids to do they sat around in a room like a function room, no xmas movies, no treats no nothing, I can not belive I wasted my money going there, what an awful experience , spoke to loads of parents there and everyone said the same, not happy I emailed them explaining I was not happy and not even bothered emailing me back, I wil never step foot in it again and I will be telling anyone I no exactly what it is like, they take the money quick enough I am so angry my children hated it so much , it was to be a lovely family experience to santa , and it couldn't of been worse

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank amanda M
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Myself, my husband and two children stayed for a few nights at the end November. We were greeted by receptionist shona who was friendly and welcoming. We stayed in one of the newly renovated houses and we weren’t disappointed. The paintwork was of a high standard, the stairs on the carpets were fluffy and bouncy, there were new headboards and a 42inch tv up on the wall. The deco around the house was lovely and made for a pleasant stay.
The resort was done up for Christmas, it was stunning and we loved sitting in the bar downstairs for dinner with the huge Christmas tree to look at. We went swimming with the kids and took trips into Naas and Blessington.
There was renovation going on at the site, the upstairs bar was closed and the tennis courts are being replaced with bumper cars apparently. We just missed out on the winter wonderland event taking place but will try and book it for next year as it looks amazing.
I would love to book this place for the summer next year but will keep an eye on the pricing as it was very expensive to book during last years summer and with the renovation going on I’m worried pricing will go up further however, if you can afford it, book it, the new houses are like home from home

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kelly f
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Most staff friendly but breakfast was drab and full of salt. overpriced at 11.50 for full Irish breakfast! Coffee wasnt bad. Setting over the lake is nice and greenway walk beside it is ok. Wouldnt be rushing back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank OliverDePlace
sinead f, Manager at Avon Ri, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for taking the time to share you valuable review . The experience you described are not characteristic of the level of service or standard we strive to provide.

Your feedback was shared with our team, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations

If you would like to discuss any of these issues further I am available on 045 900 670

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blessington
34.1 km away
The Glendalough Hotel
#1 of 1 in Glendalough Village
28.7 km away
The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club

Been to Avon Ri? Share your experiences!