All reviews zip wire russborough house blessington lakes hen weekend tennis courts home from home long weekend overlooking the lake beautiful setting well worth a visit segway archery accommodation ensuite scenery walks utilities
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

After hearing good reports about this restaurant, we took family there for an evening meal.
It's a nice place overlooking blessington lakes. However on our chosen evening, the place was heaving with various parties going on. The restaurant had Tv's blaring , parties to the side of us & all day BBQ going . All very loud, probably not the best place for a relaxing family meal. The staff worked very hard though.
Menu very limited indeed , no seasonal food, even my 9 year old commented on lack of vegetables or salad with her meal, food was ok, but nothing special that I couldn't get elsewhere. For the beautiful setting the food didn't match up.
Stars given are for hard working staff & views over the lake ( even though we didn't get to see it ourselves )

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank solitaire000
Management response:Responded 23 August 2017

Hi Solitaire600,

Thank you for your recent review, I was sorry to hear that your visit to us wasn't as enjoyable as expected. We would be extremely busy within the summer months especially when the sun shines, we would always strive to try and meet all customer needs , I have passed your compliments onto our floor staff and have also informed our chef regarding your comments on the menu.

I do hope you and your family will return in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Had a very pleasant lunch , overlooking the lake idyllic setting. My first visit to this venue. My lunch was very tasty , my fellow diner had the chicken burger which she thought was too spicy. That's an individual taste , I thought it was fine. 2 capucino to finish a lovely lunch. Well worth a visit, view to die for.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Avon R, Manager at Avon Ri Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Hi Tony K,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review, I will pass your comments onto our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Avon Ri soon

Regards,
Avon Ri Management

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Amazing location, stunning view, great for a short break, Great range of activities available for all age Archery, air rifling clay pigeon shooting canoe greenway walk but most are addition charge, food was average and slow.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
avonri, Manager at Avon Ri Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Hi Antkelly b

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the wide range of activities on offer at Avon ri . I will certainly take all comments on board and do all our best to Improve.

We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We came for a family wedding and rented several units for one week. Couldn't have been better. Staff is extraordinarily helpful, and the location was perfect for us. Comments about the units being "tired" are, imho, a bit overblown, although if you are looking for 5 star deluxe this isn't for you. It's a wonderful, family friendly resort with plenty for everyone. (We had a great time at the shooting range one afternoon.) dining room overlooking the lake gives a gorgeous view. I'd come back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Avon R, Manager at Avon Ri Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Hi Ccs1122

Thank you for taking the times to post such a lovely review, I will pass your comments onto our staff in relation to our townhouses we are currently in the process of upgrading our townhouses. We do hope you and your family will visit again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at Avon Ri a few times now. Amazing properties with stunning scenery.
We did find this stay a little less pleasurable to our former ones. There were many renovations going on and lots of noise. The house was getting a little tired now and we had problems with the hot water.
We may be back next year but at the moment the prices are far too high.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Avon R, Manager at Avon Ri Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Hi DurhamGirly,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are currently in the process of renovating the houses hence the noise we do apologise for this and the effect it had on your stay. Hopefully we will see you again next year with your family so you can fully enjoy all the renovations and the improvements.