“Great B & B”

Avarest Bunratty B&B
Ranked #12 of 23 Bunratty B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed here for one night, and a welcome place to stay after a long day's drive. What a place to relax in the quiet of what seems like country, so close to the Shannon Airport, prior to a next morning's early flight. It's still close enough to get other sightseeing in before leaving Ireland, Bunratty, or a short trip to Ennis. Deirdre kindly left me some breakfast tidbits in the fridge since I had to skip breakfast (sadly, since it's my favorite part!). I'd happily stay here again.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed here one night before our flight home. Deidre was very nice to talk to and was very welcoming. We paid that night since we had an early flight. She left out continental type foods for us for breakfast. We stayed in the king size room in the front, I think moonshade is the right name for the room. Deidre recommended Creamery Bar/Restaurant for dinner and we thought it was very good and was next to Bunratty Castle. The room was very large and comfortable. The bathroom was plenty large enough for us too. A very good experience. We would stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigsmokeyman
Reviewed 1 December 2011

generally i never write reviews on anything, but deirdre and freddy were both so kind and wonderful that i had to write one for avarest b & b; not only did they pick me up when i got lost getting to their place (traveling alone in ireland for a first time), but they also escorted me to the airport the next morning--without once making me feel like an idiot. their place was beautiful/clean/and the shower was amazing, i wish i was able to stay longer. to add to being so hospitable, deirdre made me a very filling breakfast even though we both had to leave for the airport way before breakfast was being served. it was very kind.

again, im really not one to write reviews but i highly recommend avarest b&b in bunratty if you are traveling in ireland. thanks again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank anna s
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Stayed here the night before our departure from Shannon. Wonderful B&B. Hosts were charming and efficient. Avarest was clean and comfortable with all the amenities you need. Breakfast was delicious. Will stay here again on return trip.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Loved this B&B! This was my first stop in Ireland as I traveled alone. Deirdre was very welcoming and friendly. The breakfast was great and my room was extremely nice....hope so much to someday make it back to this lovely place and country!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bunratty
1.9 km away
1.6 km away
The Courtyard
The Courtyard
#1 of 23 in Bunratty

Been to Avarest Bunratty B&B? Share your experiences!