All reviews irish coffee scones bunratty castle shannon airport irish experience medieval banquet frank home pub folk
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Last month was my first trip overseas ever. Since I was going on a tour, I decided to get there a couple of days early. Sheila and Frank's place was recommended. What a GREAT way to be welcomed into the country. The B&B was lovely..... homey.... and had the best host and hostess. Sheila treated my new friends and I like she had known us for a long time. It was very comforting.

Sheila greeted us with a warm welcome and warm scones from the oven. :-) After a short nap we were guided to walk down the road to the Bunratty Castle (a must see). She offered to pick us up if we had decided to eat dinner at Gallagher's restaurant (which we did not).

Breakfast was VERY filling..... freshly made each morning. Irish coffee in the evening.
Never ate so much food in the morning!

The rooms were very comfortable and bedroom-like. I had a bathroom off of my room both times I stayed there. Electric blankets on the beds. Very clean and quaint. Hair dryer in the room. Beautiful view out the front of the house AND the back (cows).

I highly recommend this wonderful B&B. I know I will stay there again someday when I go back there. Thanks, Sheila and Frank!

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janine C
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Sheila picked us up from Gallagher's when we arrived and was very helpful. When we got to Ashgrove House, she let us get settled in, then gave us an Irish coffee and asked about our plans. She advised us on how to get around and set us up on a wonderful tour to the Cliffs of Moher. She even drove us to the bus stop for the tour the next morning because it was raining. The breakfast was hearty and delicious both mornings of our stay and was a bit different both days. Durty Nelly's was a very fun bar and the walk from Ashgrove to there and the castle was beautiful and not too long. If you're looking for a good meal while you're there--try The Creamery down the road... and split your meal with whoever is accompanying you! :) The morning we left, Frank drove us and another couple all the way to Limerick so we could catch our bus to Cork. Overall, the stay was wonderful. Frank and Sheila were social but gave us time alone to do as we please and they were very helpful. The room was wonderful and the garden was beautiful. We may stay there again before the end of our trip because it was really just perfect.

--Heather and Ben

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Shelia was a delightful hostess and her homemade scones and bread were worth the trip to Ireland! Very interesting person - knowledgeable about Irish history. Gave our 3-year-old a toy car that he is still playing with. Highest recommendations.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AshevilleFamily
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I've stayed with Sheila and Frank around 6-8 times and they are great every time. They are so kind, friendly and helpful and it really feels like second home to me. I usually stay in the cheapest room, the one that is not ensuite and so I don't know about the "better ones". But for me the thing is the atmosphere and the feeling I get when I go there. They are just the gratest couple :). So we see you again maybe next year Sheila and Frank.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katja_A_Suomi
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Sheila and Frank are some of the nicest and warmest B and B Hosts you will find anywhere. They always make you feel so welcome. Very knowledgeable about Bunratty, Shannon, and Limerick areas to let you really enjoy the sites. Ashgrove House is beautifull and a very relaxing experience. I have stayed there 3 times, and everytime is the same, absolutely grand.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends