All reviews bar food big bathroom great hotel down to earth family break both mornings perfect location full irish comfortable bed yogurt sandals carvery ireland
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

This is the worst hotel in Ireland staff are terrible we where robbed when we stayed there staff ditent care didn't want
To call the guards room door was faulty didn't lock had to leave our stuff in car stay away from this kip should be closed down there not even a registered business was closed down 2008 the tax man should be after them dirty rooms broken window's horrible un safe dirty kip honest stay away from here for your one safety

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Mick D
TheSandsHotelTramore, Guest Relations Manager at The Sands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Guest

The incident that happened with your room was reported to the local Garda straight away. A member of our staff returned to work straight away to deal with this incident which regretfully happened. We cooperated fully with the Garda on this matter and gave them CCTV footage. The lock on door was perfectly fine and we at the hotel have never had an incident like this before or happen since. It is absolutely unfortunate it happened to your family.
You have been advised if you wish to claim against losses that you contact a solicitor who will in turn contact our solicitor to put a claim in with our insurance company. This is the way we need to deal with this situation as a company. We have insurance in place in case of situations arising like this one.
Again, I would like to stress we are sorry this happened to your family, however these incidents have to be dealt with professionally so that the correct actions are taken.
I wish you and your family well and apologies again for the distress caused by this unfortunate incident

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Stayed one night last weekend and was such a bad experience. When we checked in there was a terrible smell of smoke in our room, bedding and towels. We were told by staff we were wrong. Avoid avoid avoid. I had a 4 month old baby with me . the staff were so unhelpful. No nighttime porter for help with anythi

Room Tip: Avoid hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2017

We had lunch in the Sands Hotel mid week at the end of June. The bar was very quiet but the lunch was quiet nice I had Lasagne and my husband had the beef both were lovely and reasonable. I usually prefer to go to a busy place but as Tramore was very quiet that particular day, it was either take away or sit down. Lovely staff there and very helpful when making our choice!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Went for a drink with my wife, OMG what a sad place, July in Tramore no music place almost empty. If they want people to call they need to entertain them. It is a Holiday Resort after all. It's no wonder the place has changed hands a number of times in the last couple of years.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Stayed in this hotel this time last year and had a great experience but this year was so different. The staff on the morning we arrived were very friendly and helpful but it was not the same the second morning. I got up early to go out for a walk only to find the night porter asleep on the chair in the bar. I got the impression that he was not happy to be woken up and on the Thursday morning when I wanted to go out for a walk early there was a different porter on but again he was asleep on the chair in the bar. The food wasn't great and the milk was sour one morning and when I brought this to the attention of the waitress and receptionist I felt that they were not taking me serious and when I enquired about the storage of the other food stuff I felt that they didn't give me an adequate answer so we ended up just having some toast and having to buy our breakfast elsewhere.
Overall our experience was not good this year and I feel that the staff would benefit from a good customer training course and that in general the whole hotel could do with a good makeover as there are many faults in the bedrooms such as bathroom door not closing window handles broken and just a general good overhaul is needed.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family