All reviews bar food big bathroom great hotel down to earth family break both mornings perfect location full irish comfortable bed yogurt sandals carvery ireland
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Stayed one night last weekend and was such a bad experience. When we checked in there was a terrible smell of smoke in our room, bedding and towels. We were told by staff we were wrong. Avoid avoid avoid. I had a 4 month old baby with me . the staff were so unhelpful. No nighttime porter for help with anythi

Room Tip: Avoid hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2017

We had lunch in the Sands Hotel mid week at the end of June. The bar was very quiet but the lunch was quiet nice I had Lasagne and my husband had the beef both were lovely and reasonable. I usually prefer to go to a busy place but as Tramore was very quiet that particular day, it was either take away or sit down. Lovely staff there and very helpful when making our choice!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Went for a drink with my wife, OMG what a sad place, July in Tramore no music place almost empty. If they want people to call they need to entertain them. It is a Holiday Resort after all. It's no wonder the place has changed hands a number of times in the last couple of years.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Stayed in this hotel this time last year and had a great experience but this year was so different. The staff on the morning we arrived were very friendly and helpful but it was not the same the second morning. I got up early to go out for a walk only to find the night porter asleep on the chair in the bar. I got the impression that he was not happy to be woken up and on the Thursday morning when I wanted to go out for a walk early there was a different porter on but again he was asleep on the chair in the bar. The food wasn't great and the milk was sour one morning and when I brought this to the attention of the waitress and receptionist I felt that they were not taking me serious and when I enquired about the storage of the other food stuff I felt that they didn't give me an adequate answer so we ended up just having some toast and having to buy our breakfast elsewhere.
Overall our experience was not good this year and I feel that the staff would benefit from a good customer training course and that in general the whole hotel could do with a good makeover as there are many faults in the bedrooms such as bathroom door not closing window handles broken and just a general good overhaul is needed.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 152tourist
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

A warm welcome on arrival from staff down to earth and friendly. The room was a good size with a big bathroom, tv, kettle and such a comfortable bed. Always a good atmosphere in the hotel very relaxing. For the breakfast there is a good selection of full/mini Irish breakfast and cereals. They do carvery during the day and bar food after, delicious but only Thing I'd like to see change is a bigger selection and they don't do food on Mondays. The lounge could have a few extra tables. There is a good selection of drinks and the prosecco is amazing that they stock ots called amanti. We were staying 2 nights and ended up staying 4 nights couldn't leave. I'll be back next year around this time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple