“Nearly perfect”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cavan
Dungannon
“Nearly perfect”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

When my boyfriend and I arrived at this hotel we were greeted with a car service to take us from the carpark to the front door, which was lovely as my boyfriend is so lazy.. This was a complimentary service that I have never seen at a hotel before..
Once we got in, we got checked in straight away and couldn't wait to get to the pool. Got to the room and it was really beautiful with a lovely view.
We then noticed that we didn't have any bath robes to go down to the pool, so rang and requested some, but after 20mins we had to ring again as they had not arrived. We also noticed that there was no milk in the room for the tea, and no biscuits (which I don't know if there should have been but there usually is in a hotel).. So we got the impression that our room hadn't been finished..
We then went down to the pool and was a bit disappointed that we had to pay 2euro each for caps, we wern't aware that we needed them otherwise we would have brought our own. Despite this, I think 1euro would have been sufficient as they didn't even cover our heads!
We were both blown away by the spa area when we got there, it really is amazing, but we were a bit disappointed when some of the jets in both the indoor and outdoor pool didn't work. It also would have been great if the outdoor pool was heated..
Later on we went for dinner in the bar and it was gorgeous!
The next day we went for breakfast and there was a few issues, the table had tea cups on it, but we weren't asked if we wanted tea.. My boyfriend had no spoon for cereal and then we had no tea spoons for tea. There was no milk left on the tables either and there was nobody about to ask for some, we had to get up 3 or 4 times to ask for things which didn't make breakfast very enjoyable.
Then when we were checking out... The lady nearly charged me 30euro for a box of pringles out of the mini bar instead of 3euro, in which case I'm glad I was paying with cash or I may not have noticed straight away the amount going onto my card.
Over all there was a few things a bit disappointing, but over all a lovely hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I spent a weekend here with my wife and another couple and loved it. It is very well run and has a nice relaxing vibe about it. The staff are excellent, the food is very good and the spa (which does not permit children) is one of the best I have used in Ireland.

If you are looking for a relaxing romantic break you won't be disappointed and their weekend / midweek / golfing packages offer very good value for money.

The only (very minor) gripes I would have are that the dressing tables in the rooms are looking a bit worn (the laminate is chipping away) and when myself and my friend went to play on the hotels golf course we we told the front nine were closed for maintenance that day so we could only play the back nine and the following day the back nine would be closed for maintenance with only the front nine open. It would have been nice to be told about this planned maintenance when we were booking or at the latest when we checked in. We ended up playing in Slieve Russell instead which turned out to be a bonus as it's an amazing course but we'd have preferred not to have had to drive an hour round trip to play golf there when there is (what appears to be) a nice course on the hotel door step.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing break.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Lovely hotel very relaxing and peaceful, good food and drink, perfect place for a romantic weekend away or spa break well priced packages

• Stayed April 2012
Northern Ireland.
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Really enjoyed our visit to Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel. This is our second time to visit and we were certainly not disappointed. We were allocated a lovely room with a view over the Countryside. The grounds have excellent walks, particularly the Lake Walk, with bird song, and a carpet of wild flowers. The lawns around the Hotel are maintained to perfection, I must congratulate the Toro operator for such a perfect job, he certainly could manoeuver that machine!!!! The Restaurant food is good, though we did have to make a complaint about our steak on the first evening, but attention to quality was given on the second evening. Breakfast is very good, self service but with a big selection of hot and cold food., The Spa area is just one of the best probably in Ireland, with an infinity pool and outside swiming also. The Reception staff are pleasant, also the Hotel porter. As the car park is a short distance away from the Hotel, a courtesy vehicle is available. I will certainly be returning to Farnham. Thank you to everyone making the stay so good.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Just back from a few days away. We have a 3 year old. He really enjoyed the hotel. Staff were very friendly which helps big time. The grounds were beautiful with over 1300 acres. Hotel is very clean and the food is out if this world. One of the best hotels we have stayed in in the country.

• Stayed April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavan
14.8 km away
Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges
20.7 km away
Crover House Hotel & Golf Club

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Cavan

Been to Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!