See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 June 2008

Our stay at the Hill Crest House was awesome! Martin, the owner, met us at the door, offered to help with the luggage for five people, asked if we were hungry, then invited us to come to the "family room" for a drink and some good chat time. We were exhausted at the time, but he was so entertaining and friendly that we could not pass up the opportunity. Boy, are we glad we did! We met one of the neatest people of our whole 11 day vacation. We had three twenty-something young adults with us and they had a blast visiting with Martin. We stayed up way too late talking, listening, and laughing.
Oh yeah, talk about a good cook. Martin took our breakfast orders that night and we awoke to some of the best cooking in all of Ireland.
We highly recommend Hill Crest House. The rooms were fine and clean and the hospitality was great!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2008

Martin's hospitality was so amazing and we enjoyed our visit so much that (after a few of his irish coffees) we tried to write a song entitled 'leave me in letterkenny!' If it ever gets finished it'll be a major hit.

The food is fantastic and the craic, as they would say in northern ireland, was ninety.

We'd definitely recommend this B&B to couples and families - its easy to find,affordable and it would be hard not to feel instantly at home. Go raibh mile maith agat, Martin!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 17 April 2008

We decided that as we were on a late flight and had a long drive ahead that we would break up the journey and stay over in Letterkenny. I looked up accomodation and chose the Hillcrest House as it had been so highly recommended.

All the reviews were right, it really was a great place to stay! Martin was hospitable and nothing was too much for him. With a young 3 year old travelling with us, we were all made to feel very welcome. The food was tremendous, tasty and lots of it. The room was ideal for a family of three, warm, clean and cosy. Parking was excellent. My 3 year old daughter gave Martin an impromptu hug and chatted away to him. An indication to me that he must be a very nice man as she is rather fussy about who she speaks to!

We would definately stay there again and recommend it to anyone. It has changed my perception of B&B's forever - no more hotels for us!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2008

We stayed at Hillcrest for the first time this Season and really liked the changes that Martin had made at the B&B since we last stayed with him. There is a new Natural Stone fireplace in the guests' Lounge, it's so cosy looking and the log fire was just the thing for the cold weekend we had. The Bathroom & shower in our room had been re-tiled and Martin has added a few personal touches to the bedroom. Honestly, we felt like we were staying in a Hotel! Our Breakfast was HUGE, as usual. Next time we go I'll remember to take my camera.. Kangootripper.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2008

Only stayed for the Easter weekend in a modern bright room with my wife ,my three sons were in two rooms above us . they loved letterkenny,s nightlife. Its about 10 euros in a taxi . The host and owner made us very welcome and nothing was any bother to him ,he also makes a very good traditional breakfast wished I had more time to sample more of his food .

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family