“My favourite place to eat in LK”
Review of Sonder

Sonder
Ranked #37 of 120 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Price range: USD 2 - USD 17
Description: A unique coffee & fresh food experience from Chef Martin Anderson , all lifestyle choices catered for , deli style salads , fresh carved fillings , local farm produce & bakery choices , fantastic coffee , organic teas , dairy free & vegan hot chocolate "This must be the place "
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I regularly go to Sonder for lunch or breakfast. I always say it has the best coffee in town. The lunches are different every day and as fresh as can be. From tge meatballs, to loin of bacon and not forgetting the spiced beef brisket (my personal favourite) with sides and fresh deli salad it's hard to beat. The portions are very generous and the price is extremely reasonable. The breakfast farl with sausage, bacon and poached egg is a must for any visitor. Keep up the great work Martin

Date of visit: April 2018
martin a, Owner at Sonder, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Thank you Ryan , we're so happy to hear you enjoy your visits with us

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Just in for breakfast this time and delighted with the new menu options. Next time we will have to call at lunchtime as the new healthier options look just great. The staff team are very pleasant and contribute to a great atmosphere, while Martin Anderson’s personal enthusiasm for food and service shines through.

Date of visit: March 2018
martin a, Owner at Sonder, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you so much , we are delighted you enjoy your visits to Sonder

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I eat in Sonder regularly ( every week) with friends and food is always fresh and very tasty and reasonably priced. Great location and plenty of parking.

Date of visit: February 2018
martin a, Owner at Sonder, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you so much , I'm delighted you enjoy your visits to Sonder

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I visited here a few months back with my husband. Ordered some soup and sandwiches. Staff were lovely but unfortunately the behaviour of the chef was beyond appalling. During our visit he would aggressively shout at the staff who had to be apologetic for his behaviour. I saw him throw down at least 2 plates in a fit of anger. Then not even 10 minutes later you would find him walking over to tables showing off to customers and clearly entertaining his own ego. I hate to leave a bad review as the food was nice and the staff are lovely and CLEARLY patient but the behaviour of that man was just unacceptable. I hope the owner sees this and has a strong word with that man.

Date of visit: January 2018
16  Thank Wanderer759820
martin a, Owner at Sonder, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you very much for your anonymous review
We have informed the owner of your concerns
We apologise for your experience
Our chef is certainly a character
May we add that this is the same chef who works over 70 hrs a week to ensure that the best food is produced for our diners .
this is the same chef who employs 11 full time and partime staff .
this is the same chef who buys from local suppliers to help the local economy,
this is the same chef who tirelessly supports local charities,
this is the same chef who covers sick days , holiday cover , stays late cleaning , starts work early when others request a morning off .
this is the same chef who has worked for the last 30years to fulfil his dream of opening his own Coffee shop and cafe .
Maybe he was just having a bad day !

The owner has seen this and the owner is the CHEF !!

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Most of the places in town I go I'm left feeling like I should have brought my own food just so I can eat but not here . Martin's salads are a vegan dream come true so delicious , so filling , and so so worth a trip if you are vegan . Forget going anywhere else this is the place to go .

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Susan C
martin a, Owner at Sonder, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review I’m delighted you enjoyed your visit with us