All reviews second floor stayed here balcony overlooking lasagna nova scotia the upper level spent one night cooked meals food was wonderful both dinner and breakfast included in the room price free wifi the east coast next morning good food at a reasonable price liver location is great
Reviewed 1 September 2017

We stayed one night on our way to the east coast. Our room had one bed on the second floor. There was a fridge in the room. Room was very clean but small. Bathroom was a good size with a bathtub. We walked into town for dinner. We didn't have breakfast there. The only problem we had is that the air conditioner quit working in the night. It blew out air but not cold air so by morning room became very hot. If you are handicapped ask for a room on ground floor as there is only stairs. We would stay there again if in the area but only if the price was good. Wish they had a hot tub!

1  Thank CRAFTYCRUISER
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I had a pretty decent stay at the Hill Top (though the room reeked of smoke, which I wasn't super thrilled with), the included breakfast was good, and the bathroom was very clean.

However, the sour taste in my mouth comes from the next day after I had checked out... I was halfway to my destination of Saint John (I had come from Ottawa the day before), when I got a call from the Hill Top announcing they would be charging me for a stolen blanket. I was very upset and insisted that I had not taken any blankets and had not even slept under them. The person I spoke with was not very understanding and re-confirmed that if their staff said a blanket was missing, they would charge me. I insisted the Manager check the room themselves as I absolutely did not take it with me. They agreed and said they would call me back. I didn't hear from them for 2 days so I called back to confirm I would not be charged (I was traveling alone with my 6 month old son and couldn't afford the extra costs). I was then informed that the staff member who had last cleaned the room I had stayed in was not in that weekend and that the blanket missing was from a drawer and they needed the staff members confirmation that the blanket was confirmed there prior to my check in, otherwise it would appear that the blanket could have been missing from earlier. This seemed relatively reasonable but yet again, they never called me back to confirm one way or another. I am glad I wasn't charged in the end, since it seemed like some sort of scam, but found their customer service awful throughout and it was irritating that they accused me of theft but then never followed up to let me know what would be happening or even apologize for the misunderstanding/issue on THEIR end.

Would not stay again due to poor customer service and follow up.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary L
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We stopped overnight on our way to Nfld, having booked our room months in advance. Room #32 overlooks the river and while the falls were down to a trickle it was still an impressive view. Comfortable clean queen bed and good wifi. Super friendly staff. Breakfast was our choice from the menu and SO much better than the usual pre-packaged motel fare.

1  Thank dkb60
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Stayed here again on our way to Nova Scotia. Enjoyed another balcony room, this time #38 and it is quit large and set up for someone with mobility issues. These folks are some of the friendliest people you will find in the hospitality business ! Service in the restaurant is wonderful and the included breakfast (you can opt-out if you want) is straight from their menu. Glad we choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OneGypsy
Reviewed 10 August 2017

On our way to PEI we stayed here for 1 night. The room was small but very efficient. Everything was thought of. Soap dispensers in shower (never run out of shampoo/soap). The bed was very comfortable. We ate at the restaurant and had lasagna for me and my husband had liver/onion with a soup. Cost $22. Very good, would return for sure. Breakfast was included, we has bacon, 2 eggs, toast and home fries and coffee.

1  Thank Sargenth