“Kilcoran Lodge Holiday Homes”

Kilcoran Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cahir
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stayed in the Kilcoran Lodge Holiday Homes. We were two families of four with dogs and had plenty of room. The swimming pool is a perfect walk from the holiday homes. Great location, lots of forest walks, castles and caves close by. Great to find such a lovely place to go that suits all the family and is dog friendly!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Cliona D
There are newer reviews for Kilcoran Lodge Hotel

Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

Had a really lovely time at kilcoran lodges for may bank holiday thurs till Monday . A mixed age group (4-90) so can be hard to please everyone but we all has a brilliant time. Lodges lovely and really well equipped . Ate in Hotel for dinner every day and food was lovely and large portions, kids menu and lovely desserts . Staff so nice and helpful in every area. Chap in swimming pool ensured everyone had space , by the time the kids had got changed to get in he has floats and games ready for them. the bar staff so pleasant , asked the kids what they did and saw during the day. A popular spot with the locals also. Thank you all for a wonderful stay and I will be back during the summer hols!
Ps The new paint work in the hotel looks lovely :)

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I was attending my colleagues wedding on the 28th April 2012 and as the wedding was in the Kilcoran Lodge Hotel, I decided to stay there. We were able to check in early as we needed to get ready before the wedding. The room I had was a double bed (I was single occupancy). The decor was a little outdated and maybe in need for repainting, but I know that there is only new ownership, so perhaps this will be on the cards soon.
The wedding reception was fantastic. The staff in all sections from the meal to the bar were so accommodating. I had a brilliant night and morning!! There was so much food on offer that you could not starve, even at 3am, there was more sandwiches and chicken nuggets available.
The room was a little cold and I couldn't find a way to turn on the heating. Also my room was to the back of the hotel and near the bins, I could hear at 8am, people going out to throw glass into the bins. These were my only negative experience.
The breakfast was lovely. The full Irish was available on a hot plate with a waitress serving it and there was also a cold station with cereals and croissants. Have enough to fill my stomach.
I would recommend to stay here again, but I would check out the heating fully the next time.

Room Tip: Request a room at the front of the hotel - a lovely view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anniebannie1981
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My partner, sister and myself had a fantastic St Patrick`s weekend in this lovely welcoming hotel. All the staff without exception were lovely , so friendly and helpful and Connie the owner really knows how to go the extra mile . He was present all weekend and worked alongside his staff and was more than attentive to all his customers. We stayed in the Mews and had more comfort than what you would get in some high class hotels.
Ignore all the reviews prior to the beginning of 2012 and do not be afraid to book this hotel, you will have a very pleasant time and want to return as we will.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but we really enjoyed the Mews
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Just back from a two night stay, with my sister & I had a really nice relaxing time. The hospitality was outstanding from arrival to check out. The manager Connie was an absolute gentleman who ensured we were looked after and even provided a tour of the Lodges & Mews accommodation. We enjoyed drinks by the fire on the Friday night & we enjoyed a lovely meal in the restaurant. I ordered the chicken Kiev which would not be my usual & it was really good quality, light breadcrumbs with the garlic butter served cold in a ramekin on the side which I liked. Breakfast was a real treat too with pots of fresh tea & coffee with a selection of cooked items & also breads etc. A very warm & friendly staff without invading your space. The views from our room were stunning; the decor was a little dated but very clean & comfortable.

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 17 which has a four poster bed & stunning mountain views.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank allyholmes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cahir
7.8 km away
#1 of 6 in Clonmel
34.6 km away
The Horse & Jockey Hotel

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Cahir

Been to Kilcoran Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!