“Disaster”

Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in Cashel
Price range: USD 6 - USD 28
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

On a recent visit to this establishment, my wife and I were accompanied by a friend who we had not seen for many years. We decided to take a look at what we thought to be a decent place to eat.
On entering, we were somewhat taken aback by the lack of customers (2 in total) and the dark interior.
Regardless of this we decided to give it a try. BIG Mistake! The waitress had to leave her meal which she was eating at the counter, to take our order which took forever to arrive.
I ordered the burger which was only part cooked and definitely not "homemade" as stated on the menu. Our friend had a cheese sandwich described as Smoked Cheese and locally produced ham.
The whole meal seemed like it was locally sourced from the Supervalu across the street. Add the fact that between 70 cent and €1.00 was added to each item in comparison with the price quoted on the menu.
We found that staff totally undertraind and the whole experience a total disaster.
The toilets......... I won't go there....
God help the tourist who hapoens upon this place. They will leave Ireland with a totally different impression of how we present ourselves.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

We had a couple of very good food and beverage choices and watched the rain from a cozy table in front. Service was good and timely. It was a lovely experience.

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

Ate here last night with a friend,
Service was fast and I thought we were off to a good start but they failed to deliver on the food ,
My friends wrap came out with chips & wedges ,surely it should be just one or the other and not both .
I ordered a filo pastry stuffed with cashel blue cheese and side salad , portion wise it was more like an appetizer but price wise a main .
The menu was a little confusing in the layout , no clear distinction between appetizers and mains and the kids meal menu was on the back beneath the desserts . I think this requires more thought .
Further to this the cheesecake was a strange texture , almost to stiff and curdled .
All in all , unfortunately, it wasn’t a dining experience I’d be in a hurry to repeat .

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

Fantastic homemade burger it's really huge and tasty. Perfect service. Cosy pub.
Goergeus food.
Thanxs

Reviewed 21 October 2018

The food was luckily better than the abysmal service. Took nearly three hours and while we aren't your typical "slam the food on the table and give me the check" Americans, we weren't looking for early three hours with young children. Thirty minutes to get the bill settled at the end of our sentence, that's just unacceptable for anyone.