“Food good, service very slow”

Fahy's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 39 Restaurants in Cashel
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2018

There weren't many options in Cashel so we gave Fahy's a shot since we were looking for some Irish food. The Guinness tasted a bit off, so we were a bit concerned, We started with the smoked haddock soup and it was delicious. Huge chunks of fish. I had the chicken curry and it was spiced perfectly. My hubby has the stuffed chicken and said it was good. While the food was tasty, it took a really long time to get it. We waited at least 30 minutes for the soup and then waited again for our meals. The servers were very nice. The food was piping hot when we got it so I know it wasn't sitting waiting to be delivered.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Has to be the most horrible place for food I sat there and waited 25 minutes for my dinner and my partner had to wait a extra 15 minutes for her food to come out. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. The staff might aswel be nice there they were so bad...

2  Thank jesuschrist2962
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

I took family from the UK to see the Rock of Cashel after we decided to get some lunch. We were seated and ordered our food. 50 mins we waited for our dinner. The steak sandwich was terrible the steak like rubber and the roll was stale. The loaded potato skins was actually one half of a small potato with a bit of bacon and cheese on the top. The staff were friendly but very distracted and there was piles of dirty plates on the counter to be washed up. I think TripAdvisor should evaluate that star rating that's outside their door. I will not be back there again.
Very dissatisfied

1  Thank Ger P
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We don't get to pass through Cashel very often, but when we do we stop here in Fahy's Bar for a meal and a drink. We called there today, and as always the food and service was top class. We'll be back there again.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

We had lunch here recently, largely due to the "Trip Advisor Excellent" sign outside. The interior is not great, old and shabby. I ordered the so-called " award-winning" seafood chowder and my husband ordered the cold meat platter. After waiting for 45 mins to get our food (seriously - how can a bowl of soup and cold meat take 45 mins?!), I sent back the seafood chowder as there was no seafood in it - it was essentially a big bowl of warm cream. I asked to be served whatever normal soup they had instead - it arrived - mushroom - completely salty, only tasted of salt. My husband's meat platter consisted of not fresh meat - the beef was like leather and the ham was overly salted. Totally don't recommend.