All reviews retail park kids club lovely hotel would highly recommend this hotel leisure facilities hotel bar waiting staff food was lovely stayed here for one night last weekend tea and coffee enjoyable stay function room wedding reception kfc supervalu receptionist
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I spent three days on an over50's package recently at the Clonmel Park Hotel. Our bedroom was very spacious.
We were very disappointed with the dinner menu. The choice was very limited and the dinner menu was the same each evening. The salmon I had was tasty, however I did not expect cold baby potatoes dressed in what I think was mayonnaise and a few cherry tomatoes to complete the plate.
Another evening I was treated to penne pasta in tomato sauce to complete the dinner plate . Was the chef on strike?
I would expect a much higher standard from a four star hotel.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 58marian
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

Very nice hotel and friendly staff who worked at the wedding last night. My room was booked and paid by the bride and groom. Drinks order was put on the room bill last night and it was agreed with the bride and groom to be paid by them. The lady at the reception forced me to pay at the checkout saying "we didn't know". Well, when bride and groom were leaving and paying their total bill why didn't you ask about outstanding bills on the rooms they booked? Very unprofessional... 5 star for hotel, food and staff, 0 star for checkout experience.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Translit_ie
Reviewed 1 November 2016

Spoilt rotten by this lovely couple Debbie and Don at their wonderful wedding. From the moment we arrived we were entertained,fed and watered. Lots of catch up time before the meal. Meal arrived with my choice been cesar salad, which it was not, then onto the veg soup which was amazing, then my choice of mains salmon, had to be sent back twice as it was cold, everything else was delicious on my plate such a pity as the salmon looked wonderful, the floor manager announced to me that I was the only one complaining, which was not very nice, but I hope true. Desert was apple crumble with ice cream and was wonderful, manager offered anything she could do to make things better, so I opted for extra ice cream, which she kindly brought. When this young couple are paying so much for this lavish event it is only fair to sort such issues out at the hotel, hence giving them two opportunities to fix the dish. We then had speeches which the Bestman did them proud and onto the most amazing band Johnny B and the boogiemen and to finish the night with a disco, at 1.30 we were all danced out and retired to our noisy bedroom as room 130 is opposite the boilers for the entire hotel, a room to be avoided. Into the gym next morning well equipped, then pool, steam room and jacuzzi for a lovely relaxing experience. Overall if I was to return I would change rooms mention to dining staff in advance I like my food hot and enjoy this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid room 130 on first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary938
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

The bed was tiny don't know how anyone with weight on them fit in the bed..our food was cold and we couldn't all eat together because the staff couldn't bring the food out at the same time..the bar had two staff so we waited a long time to be served..the loo at reception had no toilet roll and vomit on the floor..if they had more staff I think the hotel could be better run. Our room was so hot felt like we needed air so we opened the window but it had to be closed because all the smoke from smoke garden was coming in...not a great hotel.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank sue c
Reviewed 20 October 2016

We used this hotel for two nights as a base for exploring Cahir, Cashel, Tipperary and Clonmel and it worked very well. We were out and about all day and then back to the hotel for dinner and ate out one evening at Sean Tierney's pub. The hotel has a very standard corporate feel with long bright corridors. That didn't really matter, the rooms were excellent and plenty on the buffet for breakfast in the morning. I love coffee and that wasn't good. Be careful doing laps in the pool...the narrowest I've ever seen. Overall, very happy.

Room Tip: Rooms to the front of hotel have mountain views
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family