“Perfect Wedding Weekend”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Glengarriff
Meath
“Perfect Wedding Weekend”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I'm going to start from the very beginning so sorry if this review is long but it needs to be.
We are currently living in Co.Meath and chose this beautiful hotel for our wedding reception in Oct. I cannot begin to tell you how amazing the hotel have been, nothing has been too much trouble. Gearldine met me in Meath after work to save us travelling to Cork to discuss wedding plans again anything we wanted Geraldine did everything she could to help. She made everything so easy and was in constant contact over the phone and email. Not to mention Carl and Gerard the hotel owners who were hands on from day one never to busy to take my calls or answer any questions we had.
The hotel itself is very old fashioned which is what we loved most, very warm and homely. Its a pity more hotels in Ireland are not like this! I have to mention the staff as I feel almost upset that I wont be dealing with them anymore. Trish has been my lifesaver throughout this whole journey and without her our wedding would not have been the same. Adrian in the bar is the nicest and most friendliest guy you could ever meet. Grainne made sandwitches at 12.30 at night for my husbands nanna again this was no problem she was only too happy to do it. Threasa in housekeeping was amazing and was great with the kids (excellent babysitter). I'm sorry for going on a bit about this but I honestly cannot put into words how amazing and wonderful this hotel and staff members are. Moving onto the food, well a wedding full of chefs and farmers are not the easiest to please but the food was excellent on the day of the wedding and the day after. Everyone of our guests have commented on how wonderful the hotel and its staff have been and have also said they will return next summer for a visit to the beautiful Glengarriff. If anyone would like to ask me any questions please contact me as I would only be too happy to reccommend this hotel. Best Wishes Mr & Mrs Foster

Room Tip: Front Room with view
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Cork
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed here in early August for the weekend. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist who checked us in quickly - a great start. The rooms were clean and comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities. The location of the hotel is beautiful - right by the water and walking distance to one of the Garnish Island ferries. Breakfast - cereals and a full Irish were served in a wonderfully atmospheric dining room by friendly staff. Overall this was an enjoyable stay- would love to go back some time

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cleire
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I have just returned from a two night stay at the Eccles Hotel(October24th/25th).
It has to said this is a lovely hotel with a fantastic location.
On the first night we took the special offer for the evening meal and this proved to be very good value with an extremely helpful barman!
Our full breakfast the following morning meant that we only needed a light lunch and we returned at night for a few drinks before departing the next day after another full breakfast.
The hotel was extremely well presented and very clean. The staff were excellent.
The room was good,very clean,nice furniture.
A very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Gerry765
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Touring west Cork and Kerry we came across the Eccles Hotel which has one of the most beautiful facades and setting of any Hotel in the south west. We immediately decided to stop off and enquire of vacancies for the night. We were greeted with a cead mile failte by receptionist Sharon and shown to our delightful room overlooking idyllic Glengarriff and Bantry Bay by Proprietor Gerard. Our room was spacious, spotless, fresh and had a most comfortable king size. Breakfast the following morning was full of choice, fresh and delicious after which we relaxed with our coffees on the Hotel veranda. Staff were efficient, friendly and full of local knowledge to help us plan our onward journey. We will be back.

Room Tip: Any room overlooking Glengarriff and Bantry Bay.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Had never been in Eccles before although I passed it many times en route to West Cork. This was a big family gathering for the wedding of my brother from New York and his Swedish bride. I was his best man, so I had more than a passing interest in seeing that everything was ok.

First impressions were formed months in advance when I made phone contact. No request was too big nor triviality too small for the staff to oblige. They found kennels for our dog, a photographer and a local DJ.

When we arrived it was like stepping back in time. The quaint feel and easy hospitality put everyone at ease. The setting is amazing and the villiage of Glengarriff, although touristy, has lots of charm, especially at night. We were a mottley crew of Irish, New Yorkers and Swedes, yet I heard not one word of complaint for the entire weekend but unbridled joy and gratitude.

Thanks Eccles!

Room Tip: If you can get a room overlooking Bantry Bay your joy will be complete.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glengarriff
0.7 km away
Beara Coast Hotel
#1 of 1 in Castletownbere
15.0 km away
Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort

Been to Eccles Hotel Glengarriff? Share your experiences!