“Consistently Amazing Food”

Ranked #4 of 121 Restaurants in Athlone
Price range: USD 5 - USD 28
Cuisines: Irish, Italian, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We provide, high quality traditional freshly made Italian dishes, with fresh local ingredients at an affordable price. We are a casual dining experience with top class family customer service. Try us and you decide, we know you wont be disappointed!! We are an Italian family of two sister and one brother with the knowledge and secrets form our ancestors in Italian cuisine. We look forward to meeting you and serving you.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am local to Athlone and have eaten in La Cucina on many occasions. The food is consistently amazing and the service is excellent. I have really liked that each time I have went in they have had different specials of the day which allows you to try something different from the menu. You can taste that the food is fresh and homemade, especially the pasta. Best Italian restaurant I have ever eaten at.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Kayley D

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Short & sweet
A wonderful welcome
Superb food always
Winning service with a laugh & a smile
Not too expensive
Lovely house wine
Right in the heart of the town
Love it

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank Austin M
Reviewed 2 November 2018

Had a lovely meal with family here recently. Very small, classic Italian restaurant with lovely menu choices. Food was really tasty and staff are very welcoming and professional. Worth a visit

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank IrelandKaa
Reviewed 18 October 2018

This is a small well run family restaurant that serves very good Italian food with a twist. We had veal Saltambucca and it was the best I have ever had. The atmosphere is very warm and friendly and the staff were very charming and efficient. The icing on the cake for me was at the end of our meal , without prompting the zambucca was served the way it should be , with flames and 3 coffee beans. Not had that for ages . We will be back on our next visit to Ireland

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank John M
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Just down the street from my hotel and so glad I stopped in for dinner. Had two appetizers and that was plenty of a meal for me. Waitress was very pleasant and food was good. Comfortable sitting by myself to eat with the high backed booths.

A little disappointed that they were out of the daily special dessert. It was early and I was one of the first diners.

Date of visit: October 2018