2,463 results
All reviews kids club l'escale restaurant retreat section retreat room wine tasting leisure centre newer part thermal suite lake view busy hotel bar food family break top class main restaurant lovely hotel golf course spa treatments
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed in Hodson Bay Hotel for two nights (17.01-19.01.2018) with my husband. Nice location, near a lake and a 15 min drive away from Athlone’s town centre. Reception staff were friendly and the check in was efficient. Our room was ready before the check in time .
We had a superb spacious clean room that was peaceful and quiet. The double bed had a comfortable mattress and pillows. The A/C was manual, which was handy as we could adjust the room temperature as we preferred.
The bathroom was spacious too with a bath tub and shower, which gave us the opportunity to choose between a quick shower and a relaxing bubble bath. My only minor critique of the bathroom is that the toilet and toilet seat were dirty.
The Octogan Restaurant where we enjoyed breakfast was spacious and lovely, although a bit cold. We had a great selection of cold and hot food and breakfast service was prompt and efficient. We found the staff very friendly and attentive, especially the waitress Joanne.
Dinner served at Waterfront Bar was excellent! Large portion of tasty food! The restaurant was clean and well presented. Dinner service was prompt and efficient. Friendly staff and attentive.
Leisure at Hodson Bay Hotel offered an excellent range of facilities, such as a swimming pool, gym, spa, hair studio. On our stay we only used the swimming pool, which we found smaller than we expected, especially when half the pool was deficated to children ‘s swimming classes. However, we enjoyed the bubble pool, hydro therapy pool, sauna and steam room.
I feel that our stay in Hodson Bay Hotel was good value for money. Based on my experience I would stay at this hotel again.
Overall, we were happy with the level of service we received.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Gabaty
Timothy_Hayes, Managing Director at Hodson Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear Gabaty,

Many thanks for your wonderful review!

A good team who provide friendly and attentive service is vital to ensuring a perfect stay and I am extremely lucky to have such a wonderful team who go above and beyond for our guests. I will pass on your kind comments to the team but in particular to those that you mentioned.

I'm delighted that you and your husband enjoyed the stay and hope we will be able to welcome you back for many more.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 January 2018

The room was cold. We asked on two occasions for additional cups for the room. They were never supplied. The dinner service was slow. The main course arrived but we had to wait at least five minutes for veg and potatoes. The children were no fed first.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Location and views are amazing. Used the leisure centre which was excellent. some power off the back/neck massage water fountains. had a beautiful meal in the restaurant. restaurant was full on the night but still the service was excellent and the food was lovely. staff in the restaurant were really good.
rooms are grand. bit small and we had one of those rooms with a door to another room which meant you could hear a lot from the other room.

4  Thank Fergal80
Timothy_Hayes, Managing Director at Hodson Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Hi Fergal,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide such a lovely review- I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed all of the elements of your stay.

It is our duty to ensure that guests thoroughly enjoy their experience and I’m genuinely delighted that you did.

I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your room being connected to another but should your travels next bring you to Athlone, please feel free to contact us in advance and we can organise an alternative room for you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Nice hotel, The room was just ok with the double and 2 singles. I would have liked a separate room for the children but couldn't see the option on their website for something like that. The bath had a shower curtain which I don't like. No water was provided in room which for the price paid was poor.

We at twice in the hotel and dinner on both nights was fantastic and the waiter was very good. We had the same waiter on both nights.

Kids club was brilliant and kept the children well entertained and out of our hair for a good few hours. We also really enjoyed the bar and the staff were attentive and good fun. We also enjoyed a long swim with the children on one of the days and found the pool to be very good.

I would definitely stay again and really enjoyed our weekend break.

Date of stay: December 2017
9  Thank Paulb0hs
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here recently as a couple, had a very relaxing stay and the food could not be faulted! Excellent range on the menu and good prices too! Rooms weren’t above average but were very comfortable and clean

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank joejo2011

Hi Joe,

Wow, thank you for such a wonderful review!

I am happy to hear that you had a nice relaxing break away at the Hodson Bay and that you enjoyed all the elements of your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Warmest Regards,