“Amazing food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

got such a surprise when visiting this restaurant. Amazing food and so reasonably priced. Well worth a visit - Oh and you can bring your own wine - another great saver. Excellent table service. Would book in advance as every table was full while we were there.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Book a table for two the other night it was my first time to try this restaurant in Athlone as I’m a local. Restaurant has a nice look to it. Are waiter seemed in very bad humour and was quite intimidating.I got the Pollo Il collesseo which was a very small potion for the price of €16.50 and was quite disappointed as it sounded nicer on the menu ! The chips were not home made but the veg was nice . Even though we were their an hour before close are waiter who also looked like a manger was rushing around and missing the small things like asking how are meal was or if we needed anything else and did not give off the friendly customer service vibe which was disappointing as I was excited to try this restaurant . My girlfriend enjoyed her meal so will be back to try it again and hopefully leave a better review

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Cody C
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

We returned here this evening for yet another anniversary meal and yet again the food was authentic,full of flavour and reasonably priced for the quality.Staff were professional and friendly and there was a lovely atmosphere for a Tuesday evening. Well Done all :)

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

(if you won’t read all of this, just read this one sentence - order the side order of potatoes they are crispy and amazing, like roasted wedges)

Visited this restaurant with my family once again, have eaten in this establishment many times before and have never been disappointed. I normally always get the fish of the day so decided to order something else this time for a more well rounded review!

Fish of the day is always delicious, and never disappoints. Waiter offers to debone your fish for you (almost acts as table side entertainment! They remove the bones so skilfully)

Yesterday I opted for the prawn spaghetti in a chilli & tomato sauce, and mussels to start.

Firstly the mussels were amazing, they were not sipping with sauce which I thought I would prefer, but the sauce they are cooked in seeps straight in and the flesh itself was so tender I thought to myself they must be baby mussels.

The pasta was cooked al dente which was perfect, but I felt it lacked some spice for my palate - possibly more spice tolerant than others so I did not deduct marks, I simply asked for freshly chopped chilli and the waiter happily obliged.

Wine was delicious as usual, and the family got the hot chocolate dessert.

Will return again and again over.

Less than €180 for five starters, five mains (two steak), Extra sides, two desserts, a bottle of good wine and pints of Guinness - not bad at all!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018

A very quaint restaurant. Food is Superb lovely flavour. We had pasta dishes which tasted fab and we had plenty to eat. They have a full bar (which is unusual for restaurants as most only serve bottled beer). The staff were very friendly and entertaining. If you like Italian food this restaurant is a must.

Date of visit: September 2018