“Obsessed with the band!”
Review of Rathbaun Hotel

Rathbaun Hotel
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Lisdoonvarna
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Amazing experience! The dinner was good and the whole staff was more than nice!
But the biggest shout out goes to the band! Funny, fresh, talented guys!
Wish they had CDs to buy! My brother and I have been obsessed with them since that dinner!!
ALIVE ALIVE-OH, ALIVE ALIVE-OH
CRYING COCKLES AND MUSSELS!
ALIVE ALIVE-OH!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

The best thing about the Rathbaun is the band Caolan, who played for hours every night, playing all the great Irish party songs, and getting the audience involved. The food was ok, reasonable price, and well, ok. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Comfortable room, decent food, cheerful service, but above all shone the four young members of Ceolan, the in-house trad band. As a professional Celtic trad player I can attest to the extraordinary quality of this quartet playing, variously, fiddle, bodhrán, whistle, guitar and banjo plus driving vocals. The trad music proper was top level. Even the band's courteous nod to the old pub-pounding chestnuts (Black-velvet-whiskey-in-the-Dirty-Old-Fields-of--Spansil-Hill...etc) were performed with such innovative panache and sincerity that even this crabby old cynic could enjoy them. These are musician's musicians. They're worth putting in the mileage for. Playing nightly until Aug 31st.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We made a reservation for 12 people. When we arrived we were taken to our table quickly. The staff was friendly and efficient given the large number in our party. I was pleasantly surprised with the food quality. I had the Irish stew, my wife had the fish and chips. Both were very good, I stole most of my wife's dinner when she wasn't looking. The band that was booked was wonderful and the crowd seemed to agree. I would definitely recommend Rathbaun restaurant.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Our original plan was to go to Doolin but they were booked due to weddings. Not much going on in Lisdoonvarna in the summer but the hotels were full and there were many tour buses. The Rathbaun has great Irish music with three young musicians but lots of older people (ok I am no teenager by any stretch) but the atmosphere is a bit subdued. We went to Doolin by taxi to hit a lively pub with live traditional music. Back to the Rathbaun...it was fine, not fancy but clean and the staff was lovely. Breakfast included which was very good. I would recommend. A giid stars, not more.