All reviews bar restaurant lovely hotel the river checking out small hotel would highly recommend this hotel watching the boats lovely view ate here marine hotel a lovely stay hidden gem waves restaurant an evening meal steak night chowder outside patio
Reviewed 17 May 2016

We have returned home from a most wonderful stay at this hotel. We had the best service possible from every member of staff, Sarah, Marion and Gabrielle, our waitresses were absolute darlings who smiled all the way through their long busy day. Collette, the receptionist, was also extremely helpful, and had a great deal of knowledge about the area. She even went as far as to borrow two walking sticks for my sister and brother in law.
The owners, Robert and Caroline and their lovely son Connor, are very much hands on in the running of this very successful hotel, and we miss them all already.
The hotel and surrounding marina and countryside were both stimulating and relaxing at the same time.
If you want to spend a few days or a week or more, I cannot recommend the Leitrim Marina Hotel, Leitrim, enough. We are saving up to go back

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Marina
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Joseph Trevor O
Leitrim_Marina_Hotel, Manager at Leitrim Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2016

Dear Joseph & Friends,
What a pleasure it was to meet you during your visit. Sharing your company really didn't seem like work and all the staff enjoyed your warm and friendly personalities and sense of humour. The peaceful surroundings here at Leitrim Marina with boats bobbing on water in the evening sun really makes for a tranquil and peaceful setting. Evenings filled with conversation over dinner recounting the adventures of the day. There is a warm welcome for you here on that return visit. Thank you for sharing your experience with the world wide web! Caroline, Robbie & all the staff.

Reviewed 8 May 2016

Just back from a super weekend in this Hotel . Lovely family run place , Incredibly friendly and helpful staff . Lovely location on a small private Marina about 10 minutes from Carrick On Shannon. Breakfast is from 9 am to 11 am which is marvellous if you are away to relax. They are happy to do continental breakfast for the early risers though . I will most certainly be back !

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mousicles

Dear Guest, Wow! what a wonderful review. Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to post these kind words. The staff here are a credit to the hotel and really compliment the relaxing surroundings. Be sure to make that return visit!

Reviewed 4 May 2016

Review has to be read in full Stayed at this hotel last week it's situated in a lovely little place called Leitrim village.
The hotel backs on to the river Shannon and it has a boat marina a lovely location booked into hotel by collet who was very welcoming and friendly as was all the staff.Bedroom was large comfortable,and clean.we didn't eat in the hotel except for breakfast which was very nice,went to the bar had a few drinks were we met Robbie who said he owned the hotel, and again we found him to be very friendly an chatty.
Next morning at breakfast,Robbie who was serving asked if we had a good nights sleep
My husband commented that there was a generator or something running outside the building to about 1 o'clock in the morning and started again at about 6 o'clock.robbie ask if we were sure it wasn't the heating system or the bathroom extractor fan but my husband said it was diffinitly something outside the building, Robbie said he would investigate to see if he could find the problem.It was at this stage he became very defensive and said that no one had ever complained about noise in this room before.
Just so there is no confusion neither myself nor my husband made a complaint about the noise nor were we going to raise an issue about it"it was Robbie who asked".
It made me and my husband feel very awkward,uncomfortable,and cast a shadow over the rest of our stay.May I suggest the owner knew exactly where the noise was coming from (the extractor fans) at the side of the hotel beside the kitchen.he admitted as much himself when he said guests in other rooms above the kitchen had mentioned this.the room we were in is also near and above the kitchen.will not be back.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the apartments
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CatherineN1955
Leitrim_Marina_Hotel, Owner at Leitrim Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2016

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your kind remarks about the hotel setting, our staff and Leitrim Village in general. I am quite surprised however to discover how I seem to have offended you during our short conversation over breakfast. My only intention was to ensure you both had a good nights sleep the following evening. Our maintenance team investigated the issue that day and I myself called back to the hotel to ensure a peaceful rest for you. Unfortunately I didn't meet you again during your stay as I was off duty. This seems to be a textbook case of how two people can take a different meaning from the same conversation and perhaps we could use it as an example during staff training. Please accept my apologies for this misunderstanding. We strive to provide a relaxed guest experience with friendly conversation, good food, helpful staff, in a beautiful location. We are proud to get it right most of the time.

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

The hotel is in a fab location. Very nice. The bar and food was fab with very friendly staff. The hotel room reminded me of a basic Travelodge, but had everything needed. Either the walls are paper thin or the room next to me was deaf, but their tv must have been on the wall where my head was and was on till early hours and was on full blast. Despite knocking their door (no answer), calling reception (no answer) it made my whole experience not getting sleep really bad. Unfortunately 3 out of 5. If it wasn't for the fab food and staff it would have been a 1 out of 5.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Leitrim_Marina_Hotel, Manager at Leitrim Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2016

Dear reviewer, This is to acknowledge receipt of your review and to thank you for visiting the hotel and your nice comments regarding "bar and food was fab with friendly staff". We do not usually receive complaints about noise in the hotel as most of the reviews mention it as a peaceful and quite location. The hotel is staffed 24 hours and please make a staff member aware of any issue which would make your stay more comfortable or enjoyable.

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

The hotel looks out towards the Shannon waterway and its bar and dining area opens onto decking beside the marina offering a relaxing view.
The hotel is spotless; the rooms warm and welcoming and the staff friendly and happy to go the extra mile.
Our dinner was freshly cooked and delicious. Our server, Marian, was efficient , friendly and informative.
Robert and Caroline offer local knowledge about places to visit and activities to enjoy; excellent hosts.
Highly recommended: so good we've booked to return.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Leitrim_Marina_Hotel, Manager at Leitrim Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2016

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for this lovely, detailed review. Your kind comments in relation to the staff and hotel facilities. It inspires us here to continually improve our guest experience. We are winning great reviews for the quality of our food and customer service with a new expanded menu available in 2016.