“Our Wedding At Mount Juliet”

Mount Juliet Estate
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Thomastown
Reviewed 6 December 2016

It has been 2 weeks since my new husband and I got married at Mount Juliet and I can't believe it has taken me even this long to write a review. I could be here all day talking about gorgeous Mount Juliet and is and how amazing staff are, so I will try and summarize as best I can!
Planning the wedding with Alma (wedding coordinator) and Michal (F&B Manager) was an absolute dream. Alma is the most detailed and precise person I have met and manages to be so kind and caring at the same time. She really makes you feel you are the only bride in the whole world! Michal, who we are had our tasting with, gave us brilliant advice, which really paid off on the day! It made the build up to the wedding such a pleasure and we felt so relaxed knowing Alma was there!
To the team of chef's....all I can say is that all your hard work pays off! The food in the Lady Helen, Kendals and our buffet in the Jinx was exquisite! The level of thought and effort that goes into producing these wonderful meals is on another level. I can see the Michelin stars coming for years! All of our guests were blown away by the food...Thank you all so much!
The main house has recently been refurbished and is the definition of elegance and luxury, yet provides a sense of comfort and relaxation! The bedrooms are stunning....with 4 poster beds, bathtubs you could swim in and the most breathtaking views of the River Nore! Simply gorgeous!
And what can I say about the staff....it's easy to be polite but the staff here really care....and I mean really care! They are so attentive, genuinely striving to ensure you have everything you need and it is all done with genuine smiles on faces! There are a few special mentions I would like to make: Chef John Kelly and your team, Alma and Michal as mentioned earlier, Des who was there to help, Eugene in the lobby who made sure everyone was looked after, AnneMarie in Kendals for making sure the evening ran so smoothly, AnneMarie in Lady Helen at breakfast which was always perfect, Julian behind the bar who helped my mom bring my elderly grandmother to her room...I know there are people I am forgetting and I'm so sorry but this review is for each and every member of staff!
The staff are very obviously led by a wonderful management team with the most lovely and professional Christine Murphy at the forefront. The best I can sum it up, is a guest at the wedding said "You feel like you know the staff and I really enjoyed chatting to them all and having a laugh.......and they know what you need before you even need it!"
Once again, we cannot say thank you enough to everyone for making us and our guests feel so special and looked after! We will be back as much as we possibly can! Looking forward to seeing you all soon, Ciara and Justin x

1  Thank Citobin
Christine M, General Manager at Mount Juliet Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Dear Ciara and Justin,
Thank you for your post and congratulations once again on your recent nuptials. It was a pleasure to share in your day with you and your guests. I am glad to hear that not only was the standard of food and accommodation you received most enjoyable but that the service we pride ourselves so greatly on as a team was also as gratifying. Your kind words are much appreciated and I have informed all staff members directly of your compliments. Once again we are delighted to have helped make your big day extra special and we look forward to seeing you both again in the near future.
Christine M,
Acting General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,083)

Reviewed 1 December 2016

Mount Juliet is a great place for a short break whether a golfer or not. The approach is 'very country club' which creates some initial disappointments but once you arrive at the house you get a better feel. While having a very warm and comfortable atmosphere the decor, furniture and fittings were frankly downmarket and out of place for such a great house. The food in both the Lady Helen's Restaurant and Kendals was excellent and service was friendly and efficient throughout the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in the main house looking out over the valley
2  Thank James C
Christine M, General Manager at Mount Juliet Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Dear James C,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to Mount Juliet Estate. I am glad that you enjoyed the food both in our Lady Helen restaurant and Kendal's restaurant. I appreciate your feedback on the decor and furniture particularly in the Manor House and have taken all your comments on board. We do hope to welcome you back to the Estate in the near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

Absolutely wonderful weekend break. From the friendliness of the staff to the glory of the surroundings, it was a fabulous and unexpected November getaway. We walked the grounds, Pony trekked the surroundings and fished the lakes and we left feeling we didn't get to do everything i.e. golf, bike riding, tennis etc., we could have done with another 2-3 days easily. Definitely the best hotel stay we have ever had anywhere. The hotel has a gem in the shape of guest relations manager, Des McGrath, who has so many stories to tell and jokes too, a real gentleman and entertainer. It says it all really when our 10 year old daughter said she preferred her 2 night stay in Mount Juliet over her holiday earlier in the year at Legoland - as unbiased a review as you would ever get! It really is an ideal getaway for anybody looking to relax, unwind and just recharge the batteries.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Christine M, General Manager at Mount Juliet Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Dear Eugene D,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Mount Juliet Estate. It is a pleasure to hear that you had a most enjoyable time and had the opportunity to use the amenities that surround the estate. I'm glad to hear your daughter had a great stay also and I will make sure Des receives your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Estate in the near future.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Mount Juliet is a special experience. This was our fifth time to visit and we had the usual lovely time. We particularly like to stay in the House and visit in Autumn or Winter because the smell from the wood fires creates a special atmosphere. The golf course and equestrian are top notch, and the grounds are the perfect place to have a hack and enjoy the scenery especially during the leafy time of the year when it’s spectacular.

There are three choices for food the clubhouse, Kendall’s and the house, Lady Helen’s. The clubhouse is casual and Kendal’s is a level above but the Lady Helen is special. Dinner is candlelit and the food is Michelin star level but the experience is magic.

Our routine is to have a pre-dinner drink in the Tetrarch bar where my husband immediately goes into the Lord of the Manor mode; I think it’s the tartan carpet and the wood paneling. Following this we have dinner in the Lady Helen and if you want to push the boat out and dress the part you won’t feel out of place. Not that it’s stuffy the staff are wonderful and provide just the right amount of company. The rhythm of the evening is relaxed, and we usually have a night cap in the main bar to finish.

Every time we stay we discover something new about Mount Juliet, this time Des the Guest Relations Manager let us know about the history tour he provides and we are planning to take the tour on our next visit. There are many fascinating facts and hidden stories which he promises to share with us.

We are already looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Manor House Superior King is all you would need but there are more Luxurious Rooms
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Christine M, General Manager at Mount Juliet Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Dear Marie F,
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to learn that you had such a delightful experience during your most recent stay at Mount Juliet Estate. I am thrilled that you had the opportunity to make us of the facilities and amenities on the Estate and that your evening meal in the Lady Helen Restaurant was most enjoyable. Your kind words are very much appreciated and I will pass on your compliments to all involved. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit and estate tour with Des in the near future.
Acting General Manager

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Mount Juliet was absolutely beautiful! Highly recommend staying here. Take the time to explore the property with bikes. We went on all the trails on the property and loved the Irish countryside and wooded areas the property had to offer! The rooms were elegant and the staff was over the top! Loved our stay! Still talk about it today when we reminisce about our Ireland trip!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear cuttingtaxes,
Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us here on the Estate. I am glad to hear your visit made a lasting impression during your recent trip to Ireland and you had the opportunity to embrace the surroundings the Estate has to offer. I will relay your kind compliments to our staff members and hope to welcome you back to the Estate some day.
Acting General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomastown
13 km away
Hotel Kilkenny
#5 of 19 in Kilkenny
32 km away
Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort

Been to Mount Juliet Estate? Share your experiences!