1,999 results
All reviews bell tower knights bar junior suite afternoon tea golf club five star hotel garden room star experience manor house beautiful hotel lovely grounds spa treatments wedding party star service east cork top class nespresso machine
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for the weekend. I stayed in one of the self catering houses. They were very clean spacious and modern looking. They were not far from the main hotel so going for dinner or going to the Spa was not a problem. I would highly recommend it for a relaxing time off.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
GMCastlemartyr, Guest Relations Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Alexander,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for you recommendation.I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay in our luxury self catering houses.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Absolutely loved it here. We had a wonderful experience. The hotel itself is really lovely. Our rooms were very large, clean, and nicely decorated. The grounds are beautiful and we really enjoyed walking them. We stayed two nights and were truly sad to leave, I heard someone at reception when we checked in asking to stay additional nights forfeiting money paid for a hotel somewhere else just to stay longer! We ate at both of the restaurants. The meal at Bell Tower was by far one of the best meals on our trip, we really enjoyed it. Breakfast was overpriced in my opinion but convenient. Would 100% recommend!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
GMCastlemartyr, Guest Relations Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Chloe,
Many thanks for posting a review and for your recommendation.I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much with us and that all our facilities were to your liking.
I will be sure to pass on your feedback to all the team.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Trevor.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I recently stayed here with a small group.
First of all let’s say that this Hôtel cosmetically oozes class and style with great bedrooms , restaurants and location but that’s where it stops . It’s not living up to the hype . I have a 5 star Four Seasons Hôtel nearby and they are on the money in every aspect and Castlemartyr could so easily be on that level .
So what’s missing ?
Check in efficient but no offer to take luggage , explain the Hotel or assist in explaining room lighting and facilities . It’s a long walk to the rooms so when the Receptionist points in the direction of the lift you don’t expect a long lonely hike.
We booked a meeting room but there was no interaction from staff.
We all felt fairly anonymous which is a shame.
Some staff were excellent but a few others were fairly abrupt.
Overall very good but some attention to those important extra details are badly needed. They would complete the experience and this Hôtel is not so far away from being perfect

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank RollerCoaster999

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for mentioning so many positive aspects of your stay such as our location,our great bedrooms,restaurants,efficient check in and our excellent staff.
I have noted the other aspects of your review where you feel we could improve our service and we will of course take these points on board as we strive for perfection each day to ensure a memorable stay for all our guests.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.Please ask for me on your return.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We recently had our twin boys christening in Castlemartyr and yet again we were blown away by the wonderful setting, the great food and the AMAZING STAFF!!! we had our wedding in Castlemartyr a few years ago and thought it would be a great place to return to celebrate the next big chapter in our lives and once again we weren’t disappointed.. the staff were fantastic and ensured each and every one of our guests enjoyed the day as much as we did.. Victor went above and beyond to ensure everything went without a hitch on the day.. we even got a follow up the day after to ensure everything was perfect for us.. NOW THATS WHAT YOU CALL GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE .. it was a fabulous hotel in 2013 food, setting but it really has upped its game if that was possible.. I think this has been done by the amazing staff.. I saw on the way into the hotel it was voted wedding venue of the year 2018... in my opinion not just a wedding venue but the best venue for ANY SPECIAL OCCASION!!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jclynch2018

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review.I am delighted that you and your family had such a wonderful time and that you have such special memories of your wedding day with us.I will be sure to pass on your feedback to all the team especially Victor.
Looking forward to welcoming you back for the next special family occasion.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed in a beautiful suite , looking out onto Gardens a wedding on the lawn when we arrived so lovely to see ,we both had spa treatments done, I had the Lovely Gillian she did FANTASTIC massage so relaxing. Food was lovely had dinner both nights in Bell Tower, had lovly walks in grounds of hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review.I am delighted that you enjoyed your second stay with us and that you enjoyed all of our facilities especially our ESPA Spa.
Looking forward to welcoming you back for your third stay with us.