1,974 results
All reviewsbell towerknights barjunior suiteafternoon teagolf clubfive star hotelgarden roomstar experiencemanor housebeautiful hotellovely groundswedding partystar servicespa treatmentseast corktop classnespresso machine
Reviewed 14 November 2017

We got a Friday night package of a room, breakfast and dinner for €314! And for it I thought it wasn’t worth it! The doors in the room were cracked and the bathroom was missing door handles! Dinner was alright but for what was paid I expected more than just ‘alright’! Staff were professional and courteous! Personally wouldn’t recommend it! Sorry! There’s cheaper hotels with better food and just as good accommodation out there!

Room Tip: Keep repairs up to date
2  Thank Andrew D
GMCastlemartyr, Guest Relations Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Andrew D'
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.
I am delighted to read that you experienced the professionalism of our staff and that you enjoyed your dinning experience with us.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you reconsider to return as I would be grateful to have the opportunity to enhance your stay with a personal welcome and many of the magic moments that our team at Castlemartyr Resort endeavour to deliver each day.
Your custom is very much appreciated.
Trevor and all the Castlemartyr Resort Team

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Great hotel, most of the staff were amazing and went out of their way to make our stay very enjoyable! Booked the one night spa package and thought it was very good value for money. Stayed in a junior suite and it was very comfortable and plush! Facial was fantastic and couldn’t recommend it enough!
Only things that put a bit of a dampener on the stay were: We ordered champagne and chocolate strawberries to our room for when we arrived but they weren’t in the room which was a little disappointing as we’d to chase them down. Also when we were checking out there was an extra €130 on the bill that was added incorrectly. Glad I checked the bill before handing over the card! It’s expense enough without being over charged!
All round, great stay! Food was so tasty in the Italian restaurant and breakfast was very relaxed and delicious!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMCastlemartyr, Guest Relations Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear annmarieb820,
Many thanks for your review.I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and that you found our staff to be amazing and that they made your stay so enjoyable.
I am also very happy to read that you enjoyed your breakfast so much as well as our Italian Restaurant.
I have noted all of your feedback.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Warmest regards,
Trevor and All the Castlemartyr Resort Team.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

The hotel was lovely,majority of the staff couldn't have been nicer!There was a fault with the power and the Tv which took hours to fix. Also next morning we were asked to leave by cleaning staff 45 minutes before checkout which I found very disapointing!!

Room Tip: Double room...the room itself was amazing complete luxury

Dear Niamh M,
Many thanks for your review.
I am delighted to read that you had a "fab" time with us.We strive everyday to deliver the best service we can for our guests so I will be sure to pass on this comment to all the team.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Warmest Regards,
Trevor and all the Castlemartyr Resort Team.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

A truly 5* resort
Top class accommodation, dining and golf ️
We had a two night stay with dinner in Bell Tower one night and the Italian restaurant the second night. Beautiful food and atmosphere on both evenings.
Great golf, friendly Golf Pro
Looking forward to next visit.

Dear Mary H,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.I have passed on your feedback to our Golf Pro Alan Gleeson.The rest of the team will be very happy to hear of your experience with us and we all look forward to your second visit with us.
Please ask for me on your next visit.
Warmest regards,
Trevor and all the Castlemartyr Resort Team.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very impressive looking. Inside it is BIG and to my mind sprawling. All reception rooms are also large, in the bar at the moment with a nice fire and nicely lit with lamps. Bedroom is a junior suite ..larger than most and has all the mod con's. The service is not up to five star standard however. We have just been to dromoland castle and this hotel just doesn't compare. Beautiful grounds and beautiful building but is not 5 star. 4 star maybe. To be fair however, it is a very good hotel

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear 734runnerbrady,
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.I am delighted to read that you found our hotel to be very impressive looking.I am also very happy to read that you found your bedroom so large,larger than most hotels.
Looking forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay with us.
Warmest regards,
Trevor and all the Castlemartyr Resort team.