“Very disappointing stay”

Castlemartyr Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Castlemartyr
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently stayed at the resort for 2 nights in a 2 room suite for 2 adults and 4 children. We had no dinner reservations so the receptionist advised us to go to the golf course for dinner on the first night. The food was very poor here, the service not much better and overall I would avoid the golf club. The breakfast was very poor on both mornings and even the kids wouldn't eat what they got handed up. I found for the price we paid that the resort was not as fancy as they made it out to be. I sent a complaint to the hotel once we came home and am still awaiting a reply to it. Overall I wont be back again. There are plenty more hotels which offer better value for money

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank junewalsh22
GMCastlemartyr, Guest Relations Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear junewalsh22,
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. Please contact me on my email below as I would be happy to address your complaint personally. We value all our guests feedback as it assists us in correcting anything that needs improving.
I will endeavour to address the issues you raised in the best possible way I can.
Looking forward to remedying your complaint and welcoming you back to experience our usual warm hospitality and service.
tsheehan@castlemartyrresort.ie

Write a ReviewReviews (1,769)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We got a Friday night package of a room, breakfast and dinner for €314! And for it I thought it wasn’t worth it! The doors in the room were cracked and the bathroom was missing door handles! Dinner was alright but for what was paid I expected more than just ‘alright’! Staff were professional and courteous! Personally wouldn’t recommend it! Sorry! There’s cheaper hotels with better food and just as good accommodation out there!

Room Tip: Keep repairs up to date
1  Thank Andrew D

Dear Andrew D'
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.
I am delighted to read that you experienced the professionalism of our staff and that you enjoyed your dinning experience with us.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you reconsider to return as I would be grateful to have the opportunity to enhance your stay with a personal welcome and many of the magic moments that our team at Castlemartyr Resort endeavour to deliver each day.
Your custom is very much appreciated.
Trevor and all the Castlemartyr Resort Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great hotel, most of the staff were amazing and went out of their way to make our stay very enjoyable! Booked the one night spa package and thought it was very good value for money. Stayed in a junior suite and it was very comfortable and plush! Facial was fantastic and couldn’t recommend it enough!
Only things that put a bit of a dampener on the stay were: We ordered champagne and chocolate strawberries to our room for when we arrived but they weren’t in the room which was a little disappointing as we’d to chase them down. Also when we were checking out there was an extra €130 on the bill that was added incorrectly. Glad I checked the bill before handing over the card! It’s expense enough without being over charged!
All round, great stay! Food was so tasty in the Italian restaurant and breakfast was very relaxed and delicious!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMCastlemartyr, Guest Relations Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear annmarieb820,
Many thanks for your review.I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and that you found our staff to be amazing and that they made your stay so enjoyable.
I am also very happy to read that you enjoyed your breakfast so much as well as our Italian Restaurant.
I have noted all of your feedback.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Warmest regards,
Trevor and All the Castlemartyr Resort Team.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel was lovely,majority of the staff couldn't have been nicer!There was a fault with the power and the Tv which took hours to fix. Also next morning we were asked to leave by cleaning staff 45 minutes before checkout which I found very disapointing!!

Room Tip: Double room...the room itself was amazing complete luxury

Dear Niamh M,
Many thanks for your review.
I am delighted to read that you had a "fab" time with us.We strive everyday to deliver the best service we can for our guests so I will be sure to pass on this comment to all the team.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Warmest Regards,

A truly 5* resort
Top class accommodation, dining and golf ️
We had a two night stay with dinner in Bell Tower one night and the Italian restaurant the second night. Beautiful food and atmosphere on both evenings.
Great golf, friendly Golf Pro
Looking forward to next visit.

Dear Mary H,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.I have passed on your feedback to our Golf Pro Alan Gleeson.The rest of the team will be very happy to hear of your experience with us and we all look forward to your second visit with us.
Please ask for me on your next visit.
Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlemartyr
Fota Island Resort
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork
Cliff House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Ardmore

Been to Castlemartyr Resort? Share your experiences!