“Nice and romantic ”

Ocean Restaurant at the Maritime Hotel
Ranked #16 of 43 Restaurants in Bantry
Price range: USD 23 - USD 51
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have booked a table for 2 for last Saturday night. As vegetarian I always check if any options is available before to book a place. When we arrived we were welcomed by a very kind waiter who was impressive for his customer service. The menu available was slightly different than the one I saw online and the only vegetarian option was pasta and ravioli. I am Italian and live with an Italian chef so I am sorry if I am little fussy for pasta. I have asked if they could offer an other option for me and he was absolutely lovely: went to the kitchen spoke with the chef and he came back offered me a pancakes with mix vegs and cheese on the top. Deal. My fiancé ordered the chowder for starter and monkfish as main. We shared a cheesecake ( good but nothing special to be honest) and we had a bottle of rose. The bill was 83€ in total. Really satisfied and I recommend this place for a romantic dinner. We will get married in 3 months so this will be probably one of the last as miss for me, I will remember the kindness of the staff and the nice place. Food good as well

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are here on Saturday for the 3 course set meal. The range of choices was fantastic, great price and lovely atmosphere. What was the most fantastic trait of the restaurant was the friendly staff. They could not have done any more for us. Would 100% recommend.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Always a lovely welcome by the staff on reception. We had a beautiful room with a view of the bay it was very clean the beds are very comfortable, all the normal things like tea, coffee, bottled water, kettle, hair dryer, iron and ironing board are in the room. The breakfast was first class, we had some beautiful dinners in the restaurant, the bar food is also very good I had mussels they were gorgeous. If you want to have a lovely experience visit the Maritime you will not be disappointed

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 3 October 2017

This restaurant is in the Maritime Hotel overlooking the bay. It's a great position and comfortable with charming and attentive staff but the menu is disappointingly small and what's there is ok but dull and not as good as it could be. A shame for something that promised so much.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Ate here as we were staying in the hotel. The dinner was lovely , served by friendly young staff who were very attentive. The dessert was disappointing though. Deconstructed bailey's cheesecake seemed more like left over chocolate cake shoved into a glass, no cream or decoration. My husband's tiramisu was a better option.Would go again though. The breakfast is excellent.

Date of visit: October 2017