“Top quality food”

Price range: USD 10 - USD 40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED UNTIL THE 28th OF JANUARY The Fish Kitchen is a family run business that prides itself in having a menu that is almost entirely all fish with the exception of sirloin steak. The Local fish shop downstairs, our main provider of fish ensures an excellent supply of the freshest fish in the South West. Where possible fish is sourced locally from the coops and trawlers of the South Western ports.We have the finest Mussels, Prawns ,Scallops and Lobster on our doorstep in Bantry Harbour, For further information on the source of our ingredients follow the link to our website.Our Food is Simple, Fresh and Locally Sourced.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Once again, we ate here on the last night of our holidays and, yet again, it was a wonderful experience. From the moment you walk in, Dermot and staff cannot do enough to make you feel welcome. Once seated, we were offered drinks and menus, and it didn' take long to make our choices.

The old reliable of chorizo and chilli prawns and fish cakes were chosen for starters. If the fish cakes become a fixture on the menu, I advise you to try them. For mains we opted for the Thai red curry with monkfish, which proved an excellent choice. The fish was served in good size portions and the curry itself was rich without being overpowering.

The quality and freshness of the food is always worth experiencing, and the service just tops everything off. A word of advice to anyone thinking of visiting here for the first time, pre-book as it is quite small and always busy, but once visited will become a favourite.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I was invited to dinner in this amazing restaurant by a friend.
I had already heard very good review about the Fish Kitchen, but honestly you will have to try it yourself to see how GOOD this place really is ;0).
The restaurant was at full capacity but still there was a really nice, warming and super friendly atmosphere from the staff - not an ounce of stress in sight.
The food is incredibly fresh and super tasty, with a very good fish menu choice (I also noticed that on the menu there was a vegetarian choice too).
Also the wine menu was really good, with a range of different possibilities.
Our meal was really fantastic, served within a very good awaiting time, tasty and abundant in size too.
I then ventured in ordering a lemon mascarpone dessert (now, here please understand that by me being Italian this was like putting the chef under severe scrutiny).
But my word, without a shadow of a doubt THE BEST lemon mascarpone dessert I have had - a real hestatic experience for the taste buds.
I would strongly recommend to anybody that travels to Bantry (or West Cork) to eat in the Fish Kitchen - you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Always superb food st reasonable prices. Been here many times
.relaxed ambiance
Very friendly staff. Only drawback is very steep stairs making it difficult access for those with poor mobility. Otherwise one of the best seafood restaurants in country.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

After ready the reviews on Trip Advisor we thought we must try this and was not disappointed. We shared a plater of Oysters which were plump and delicious. My husband had breaded lemon gougons and I had sea bass on a ceaser salad. It was all beautifully cooked. Book as small restaurant

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We had a delicious dinner in the Fish Kitchen in Bantry. The owner & staff were so friendly & helpful and they are really passionate about their fabulous fare ! It's a gorgeous restaurant with great art work & atmosphere, will definitely be back !